Shopping Cart Car Seat Holders

rin2809

I know for sure that putting a car seat on the top seat porting of a shopping cart is a big no-no, but I saw something yesterday that I am curious about. When I went to Sam's Club they had carts with a plastic piece where the normal kids seat would be labeled car seat holder.

Are these safe to use? I already had my kiddo in my mei tai carrier for the trip, so I didn't use it, but would be good info for future reference.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Keeyamah

I know we have another thread about these a while ago, maybe a year or more. I'll search and see if I can find it, I posted some pictures

bnsnyde

I see some actual infant carriers on the carts built in. So we can use those. If they are germy all the better for the immune system I guess!

But these days I drag the whole carseat in b/c he doesn't wear a coat in winter (fleece cover) so then we put the whole thing in the basket and there is no room for food, lol.

In summer he can go in the actual toddler seat and is big enough to not topple over now.

My kids are over the weight limit for the cart seats but they still use them at age 2 and sometimes even the 4 YO. I mean, the 2 YO is too heavy for that seat, geesh! She can't walk or she'd run off!

Keeyamah

My kids are over the weight limit for the cart seats but they still use them at age 2 and sometimes even the 4 YO. I mean, the 2 YO is too heavy for that seat, geesh! She can't walk or she'd run off!

Yeah, my oldest was over the weight limit for the normal seats (35lbs, IIRC) around 2. At 2.5, he was 40lbs. That said I've seen kids significantly over the weight limit in those seats, so yeah, I wonder about that. I don't know how they are comfortable in those seats becaus their legs are so long they have no support from the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC