car manual says....?

Zaiyne

My mom got a new 07 PT Cruiser the other day so I read the manual to check the latch positions. When reading it it said to stow the seat belt out of reach of the child when using latch. It said to buckle the seat belt to keep it out of the way if needed. Then it stated that if your car seat would not install properly due to the seatbelt being in the way when buckled, to install the seat using latch and then tread the seat belt in the belt path of the child car seat and buckle it. Ummm I didn't think that was allowed? Or is it okay to run it through there if you don't tighten it like you would to seat belt install? :scratcheshead:
for the record. My son can not reach the seatbelt so I left it alone and installed with latch.

ADS

skaterbabs

Yes, it's a response to a few kids getting the belt wrapped around their throats and triggering the locking mechanism and being hurt. :(

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We have Dodge Pick ups and the manuals say the same. I have used LATCH and not buckled the seatbelt. DD does not mess with it. If you notice him statring to grab for it then you can consider doing it. Babs is correct it is a strangualtion hazzard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC