Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade in event question

I got an email with a bunch of 15% off coupons today. Do you think that might combine with the trade in offer?

Did anyone get a Fllo with their trade in? I didn't see it excluded in the fine print after I saw it in store.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Trade in event question

The coupons can't be combined. The only way to get an additional discount on top of the trade-in is to open a credit card.

The Fllo should be included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

4. Thank You from:

Do you know off hand what the discount for the credit card is? Although DH will kill me if I open one.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Trade in event question

It's 30% if you already have the card. You get 15% off for the entire day on the day you open the card. So it's like 45% off if you do both.

ETA: actually I think it's more like 40.5% off, because they take off the 30% and then the 15% is off of that reduced price.

EATA: for what it's worth, I have no regrets about opening it. I got a new dining booster and a Milestone with the credit card/trade-in deal. Then the next week I traded in the old dining booster at BBB and bought a Marathon -- they matched the 30% off with my temporary BRU credit card and the price on that particular color was better at BBB than BRU. So at just this trade-in event I have come out pretty well between the two stores. You get 10% off on Thursdays (year-round) too, I think. I am hoping they'll do a trade-in in September again because I am waiting on an Extend2Fit until the BRU exclusive all-in-one comes out.

Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

So if I opened the card today and bought the seat tomorrow I could get 30% off rather than the 25%? If I got the card the same day I could get the 25% off plus the one time 15% off? Is that right?

I think I'm going to trade in my Pro Ride. It has the recall. Griffin has outgrown it rear facing and I wouldn't feel right trying to sell it so I might as well get rid of it. Unless you'd like to use it. Ha ha.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

I think that it is the 30% off initially on the seat for using the BRU card, and then it is an extra 15% off of whatever that total is for your entire purchase if you open the card that day. So it will be a little less than 45% as Nedra said because the seat total will be smaller to take the 15% out of.

PS, We should all meet in person sometime since it looks like we all live in the Twin Cities and seem to all comment on the same posts
    Big Boy G: 11/6/2012, 53lb/49", Evenflo Procomfort RightFit HBB, Evenflo Big Kid HBB
    Little Bro C - 12/4/2015, 32lb/38" Graco Nautilus 65 Safety Surround, Graco Atlas 65
    Extra Seats: Graco Nautilus 65, Cosco Apt 50, Evenflo Maestro, Harmony Defender, Graco Turbobooster NBB, Cosco Rise NBB

9. Thank You from:

That would be fun!

Nedra are you taking the May class in Richfield?
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Ooh, a CPS Certification class?
    Big Boy G: 11/6/2012, 53lb/49", Evenflo Procomfort RightFit HBB, Evenflo Big Kid HBB
    Little Bro C - 12/4/2015, 32lb/38" Graco Nautilus 65 Safety Surround, Graco Atlas 65
    Extra Seats: Graco Nautilus 65, Cosco Apt 50, Evenflo Maestro, Harmony Defender, Graco Turbobooster NBB, Cosco Rise NBB

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    That would be fun!

Nedra are you taking the May class in Richfield?

No, the April one in Oakdale. Although if the May one had been posted when I originally signed up, I probably would have opted for that one. It starts May 11 and is all three days in a row -- my birthday is May 10, so it would have been awesome to teach Monday and Tuesday, celebrate my birthday that evening and then take 3 personal days in a row for the course!

Yes. I was looking for a recertification class and saw there was a regular class in May in Richfield.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Quote Originally Posted by rin2809 View Post
    Ooh, a CPS Certification class?

Yes, and there are 4 seats left in the Oakdale one that I am taking in April, if you want to join!

Carseat Crazy

I bought a stroller yesterday at the trade-in and they let me combine the Thursday coupon with the 30% off. So I got 40% off my new stroller.

16. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
    I bought a stroller yesterday at the trade-in and they let me combine the Thursday coupon with the 30% off. So I got 40% off my new stroller.

What stroller did you get?
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Carseat Crazy

Trade in event question

What stroller did you get?
    I researched all different types for a couple months. I wonder why there aren't more double stroller choices?

A Graco Ready to Grow. I have needed a new double for awhile (wore my Duoglider out!!!) and I finally decided I had to try the "Face Time" seat and the sit and stand bench. So, the Ready to Grow allowed me to try them both. I wish it had come in another color besides black... Graco kills me with their black and gray everything. Ugh. But they make great strollers so I will deal with it.

Glad you got something you liked! Great deal! I hope I can score the same deal. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow or Sunday.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Carseat Crazy

Glad you got something you liked! Great deal! I hope I can score the same deal. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow or Sunday.

Good luck! Let us know what you got!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
    Good luck! Let us know what you got!

I still don't know what I should do! If I get the ffing seat I don't need it now. If I get the Fllo I could use it right away. Ha ha. I'll have to check when it ends. I know it's soon!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

It ends tomorrow.

Oh crap. I have to go today. I don't have time tomorrow. I've been waffling towards the Fllo all day. Lol! I'm also on a yarn deadline! I've been knitting like crazy to see how much I'll need for my project before the sale is over, also in a day or two! I better check!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Just go with the Fllo (pun intended )

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

25. Thank You from: