Question 2014 Honda CR-V, having 3rd child! help...

U

Unregistered

Hi:

I currently have a 2014 Honda CR-V, and it is not possible to buy a new car...

I currently have one child in a booster seat, and another child who is currently in ff 5 pt harness (she is 3, almost 4)... I do not want to move her to a booster seat yet and would prefer to continue with the 5 pt harness...

We are expecting our 3rd baby this June and would like some possible suggestions of carseats (either just for baby, or for baby and my toddler) that would fit across the back seat.... I would prefer to spend under $200 (for either) since we are on a tight budget...

**if anyone has done this I would definitely love to know how it worked out, and of course if it is possible..

THANK YOU!!!!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

It would be helpful to know how tall and heavy and old both kids are, and then what seats you already have. If you tell us two Pinnacles we're going to recommend three new seats, but if you tell us two Harmony Defenders, those can be reused. Just to give examples.

You're definitely right to keep your three year old in a harness. Most kids aren't booster ready until at least five, and many are closer to six years old. In addition, in a tight three across it's often easier to have kids harnessed so that way you don't need to get hands between seats to buckle in a seat a bunch of times a day. You just buckle from the front.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

I'm in a similar situation and was hoping for some good suggestions. My kids are a little older --6.5 yr old in a graco HBB
--5 yr old in a radian
And new born will be here later this year. We have a 2013 CR-V.

The radian will be expiring next year, and that child cannot unbuckle the crotch buckle. I would like to get him a seat he can unbuckle.

Are there very narrow high back boosters? I need to buy an infant seat, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC