Flying Solo with my 3 year old

brooksfamily

I'm thinking of flying to Florida in April with my 3 year old dd. She will be 3 years 3 months at the time. She is still rf in all of our cars. Last time I flew with her I used our Marathon G3 and getting it on the plane was a total PIA. They wouldn't let me board early, so I had to hoist it over the seats, this left my DD in front of me climbing into any empty seat we came upon claiming it has hers...all the way back to row 19. There was a line of people behind me and while no one complained I don't want to relive this scene again.

In additions, I don't plan on checking luggage this time, so I'll be getting the car seat and a decently sized carry on on board the plane. I would like a light weight seat for the trip. My original plan was a Next. But she's 3 years old, 35 inches, and 28 lbs. We don't need another carseat, and I don't see us flying again in the next year. So I was thinking either a Sure ride or a Tranzitions. The Sureride she'd hopefully be able to rf in my parents Caravan once we get there. The Tranzitions she'd obviously have to ff the whole time, but in think we'd get more use out of it in the long run.

What would you do? Are there other seats I'm not thinking of?

We currently own the following seats Maxi Cosi Pria 85, Boulevard and Marathon G3, Roundabout G4, Diono Olympia...all pretty heavy/bulky seats...between my husband and I, grandparents and sitter, all seats are in use...but I really doubt another seat would get used often at this point in time.

ADS

rin2809

I think the SureRide would give you more options for the time being, plus the top harness slot is actually an inch taller, so you would have more longevity, and it's cheaper if you can find good deals. The only downside for the trip is that if you are planning to RF in the vehicle, you will probably need to adjust the harness on the fly (not a huge deal, but could be a factor).

MelodyoftheForest

I just saw one color of the SureRide for $80 on the carseatblog deals page. That is what I got for my LO. SE will be flying when she is 21 months and I am ok with FF her on the plane if I have to. We have two short legs of flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC