Shoulder pads on infant carrier?

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
Does anyone know why infant carriers (specifically Graco SS1 and Evenflo Embrace) don't come with any type of shoulder pad? Even a little bit of unpadded material would be better than nothing. The harness rubs up against Leah's neck and leaves red marks if I don't remember to pull a bit of her shirt in between the harness and her neck. With Kira, I used aftermarket padded shoulder pads (before I knew better).

ADS

skaterbabs

Honestly even the small ones tend to cause the chest clip to be too low. You can cut the toes off a pair of really thin socks (like the nylon "dressy" style ones) and thread those on the harness if you really need somethng. otherwise just use the short collar.

jdchic3

The ones on my snugride are just fine (came with the seat) and haven't bothered the chest clip for quite some time. I had the take them off at the beginning but after a month or two they were fine. For 10.99 you can get the Graco ones, although they are not for any of the Safe Seats.

tl01

My Safe Seat did not have any shoulder pads though the straps never seemed to bother DS. That's not to say they wouldn't bother another child; however, the straps were never really close to his neck. I never even thought about need strap covers until I saw the covers that came with his Boulevard.

skaterbabs

They really aren't necessary anyway. My daughter's Snug Ride didn't have them, and half the time we take them off her MA anyway.

cso1997

I took the ones off my Keyfit until DD was older. They were completely in the way with such a small baby (5lbs 15 oz). I wish more parents would take them off because ITA they can really interfere with proper chest clip placement.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC