Day 3 of class

IsasMom

I'm going to start this for Susan ;)
Lots of fun today! The last test seemed a bit harder than the first two- a few questions that I felt the correct answer depended on reading the manuals... I wanted more info to make my choice... but managed to get them right anyway. Did chapters on boosters and special vehicles- buses, planes, ambulances, etc. Discussed seating/arranging multiple kids. I HATED the last scenerio and that the arrangement we seemed to end up with put the 2 y/o ?? weight in a FF seat in the front middle of the car (I really wanted to keep him RF... under 30 lbs) and the 4 y/o 41 lb kid in a booster. (I "put" him in a HWH seat... of course in reality that HWH seat, the RF convertible, and the RF carrier would have ben a tough fit with 2 parents and a 12 y/o!)
Hands on tests putting dolls into seats per scenerios and then installing the seats into our cars. At least one LATCH, one locking clip, one ALR belt, etc...
So... besides the public carseat check in the afternoon... anyone know what's going on tomorrow?? :confused:

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats on finishing day 3. Have you done the the misuse identification exercises, and the misuse skills assessment yet? If not, I'm betting those will be on tap for you tomorrow. We did the misuse exercises toward the end of day 3, if I remember right, and the select and install and identify misuse skills assessments on the last day at my class (4 day class followed by a weekend seat check event). You're in the home stretch, yayy! :D

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We did a 3 day class, with the last part of the last day being misuse skills test. Then on Thursday (4th day) we did the seat check and were done by noon.

IsasMom

hmmm we did some misuse stuff and practice stations but no misuse testing so I guess that's it! Should be fun ;)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
hmmm we did some misuse stuff and practice stations but no misuse testing so I guess that's it! Should be fun ;)

We just had 5 cars with seats installed, and we had to correctly identify the misuse. That was pretty much it. At the same time we had the 5 cars with scenarios on them, and we had to select & properly install seats for each scenario. That was skills test 2 & 3.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
We're so freaking behind!

We did the last written test today. I'm halfway done my installs test. Then we still need to do the misuse skills eval. Our check is in the afternoon from 1-4 in the wal-mart parking lot.

We got a new instructer today--her kids are in the Disney magical booster commercial. She also ended up doing a seat check for someone who just drove up when she saw all the cars and carseats--it was while we were doing the testing! What I overheard was it was a BB booster that had expired and didn't even have a cover. The mom knew she needed help and was so excited to find us. Hopefully we'll see her again in the morning.

Have fun at your check tomorrow!!

Susan

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh wow, they still have that 'where to put these people' question the same... really time to upgrade that now that there are so many more seats to buy, even at walmart... yeah, you can't think 'how would *I* do it', you have to think, 'what minimum standards are they going by...'

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC