Question F150 Super crew safe for family of 6

mamabearof3

We will be replacing our F150 SuperCrew & would like one that would be safe for a family of 6. Our current one (2008ish) has lap belt only in the center front, no tether spot for front & no headrest for either center positions.

I have 2 5steppers, a tall boostered 8yo & a RF 2.5yo. Please give me good news. I miss having a 4WD vehicle option during winter weather. And there have been a few "disagreements" with my mate about the safety of that front centered seat.

The truck is needed for work & occasional family transporting. Our primary/my vehicle is an 2011 Odyssey that I love.:love::love:

Thanks,
Mamabear to 4 now

ADS

Kegracin

Fil has 2013 it has head rests and lap shoulder belts in all positions I think that started in 2011? The head rest rear center 3rd row of the 2015 is smaller then the previous models :-( Eta my dh is shopping for a 2015 which is why I know the head rest changed. Eta again there is only top tethers in the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Fil has 2013 it has head rests and lap shoulder belts in all positions I think that started in 2011? The head rest rear center 3rd row of the 2015 is smaller then the previous models :-( Eta my dh is shopping for a 2015 which is why I know the head rest changed. Eta again there is only top tethers in the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gah! I just looked at pics and you're right! I am SO glad we got a 2014! We were going to wait for the 2015. WHY did they do that? The centre headrest prior to 2015 was actually decent! Why make it worse? That was one reason the Ford was better for passengers than the Ram and Tundra (puny rear, centre headrests) and Silverado/Sierra (no rear centre headrest).

equilibrium

Any chance you can post a pic of your booster and seat in the back? We are considering a truck and would need two boosters and a forward facing seat...not sure if it's big enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC