Skinny HBB

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
DD is 6.5. I broke her FR90 trying to get the recline mechanism to disengage. :( At 6.5, I am OK with her moving to a HBB f/t. She will be driver side in a 2011 Traverse, with a bench. Latch is available, however, it is very narrow to the seat belt stalk, and buckling everything we have just flat sucks in that spot. I put her in her brothers Diono Monterey and even I struggle getting it buckled. There is no way she can do it. So, I need a skinny (at the base) booster, prefer latch, height not ubber important as she is a shorty. Doesn't need to convert to a LBB, but fine if it does.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

abigaylebelle

We have an X-fix booster and the bottom looks very similar to the m-fix. I find it's pretty narrow at the base. I really like ours and so does ds. I might have to get another one when ours expires.

zeo2ski

Shape of the back of the booster matters too. I needed to fit three boosters in my mom's Chevy sonic and found the middle seat had a narrow belt spacing. I couldn't fit the incognito or harmony backless, but the big honkin recaro prosport fit just fine (!!!) because of the way the back narrows where it hits the seat. Not saying I recommend purchasing the recaro for your case, just saying there may be different options than one would expect.

bnsnyde

No latch but our Harmony Dreamtime is narrow and awesome. My 8-year-old and 5-year-old use those. It takes pressure to insert headrest, note. I didn't realize that so much at first. But now we have two and love them. No other seat was narrow enough for us.

Harmony youth worked too but I wanted highbacks.
I have heard they are outgrown fast but my 8 YO...fit is perfect on top slot. Even big 5 YO is one from the top slot though. But he'll have more room to grow of course.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We have the Harmony, but I am not overly impressed. Especially for an outboard spot with a new booster rider. We use them as spares, or my older boys use them backless.
Posted via Mobile Device

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Shape of the back of the booster matters too. I needed to fit three boosters in my mom's Chevy sonic and found the middle seat had a narrow belt spacing. I couldn't fit the incognito or harmony backless, but the big honkin recaro prosport fit just fine (!!!) because of the way the back narrows where it hits the seat. Not saying I recommend purchasing the recaro for your case, just saying there may be different options than one would expect.

You know, I have 2 expired Recaro's. I should try one there just for comparison sake and to see if it can be buckled. It will help give me an idea of what to order. I was cursing the Diono again this morning as I buckled her in!
Posted via Mobile Device

creideamh

That's why I just got one.

I was REALLY shocked to find how much I like it! I needed narrow/easy to buckle while LATCHed + a shoulder belt guide that allowed the seatbelt to retract properly in this car and it just totally fits the bill. Color me surprised. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was REALLY shocked to find how much I like it! I needed narrow/easy to buckle while LATCHed + a shoulder belt guide that allowed the seatbelt to retract properly in this car and it just totally fits the bill. Color me surprised. :)
Those are the exact reasons i chose it! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC