Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Canada 2016 Grand Caravan stow and go concern - posted by Douglas

Hello we just got a new 2016 dodge grand caravan with the quick stow n go seat. The captain chair type.

My 9 year old went to recline the seat and it unmatched and started a stow away procedure. Thank God he didn't get hurt.

I have search but can not find any information about disabling the leaver to stow n go.

It is the same level used to recline the seat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Welcome to car-seat.org.

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2016 Grand Caravan stow and go concern - posted by Douglas

Can you tape over it so it is not accidentally triggered? Maybe not pretty, but could work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Re: 2016 Grand Caravan stow and go concern - posted by Douglas

I would set the recline, and instruct him not to touch it. The seats should not be very reclined when driving anyway, as it increases the risk of submarining.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1