Britax Frontier Clicktight HEADREST HELP

SnowMomma

I have a Britax Frontier Clicktight Harness to Booster seat that we are installing in the Harness mode using the Clicktight/Seatbelt. We have the seat in "recline" mode. However, the headrest of our 2011 Subaru outback is causing the upper portion of the carseat to lean forward about an inch! Is it safe to remove the Subaru Headrest so that the headrest no longer pushes the seat forward? It's the inner/uppmost portion that is leaning forward, not the seat itself. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it due to the recline of the frontier? I've never read anything that says whether or not the subaru headrest needs to be there in order for the carseat to function properly? My daughter is 47'' so, i imagine this wouldn't be a problem with a shorter child.
Thanks for your help!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You can go ahead and remove it. I'd store it within the car safely, if you can, that way if you remove the carseat to use the seat you have whiplash protection for whoever sits there.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC