Flying on Allegiant with two kids

amelia222

We're going to California next month!!! Baby will be 9 months and big kid will be almost 7.

Will our G3 Marathon fit, or should I buy a Next? Allegiant says that their seats are super small. The other option is to use her SR30, but then I'd be stuck doing a baseless install multiple times each day for a week.

We're going to my parents' house and they have a highback turbo there that the big kid can use. There will be a lot of long drives and late nights though so I'm thinking that I should bring a harnessed seat for her. Will allegiant let us have a kid over 40lbs in a carseat on the plane?

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's up to you, of course, but I would take an infant seat any day rather than have to bring a convertible. But I am a fan of baseless installs and didn't install a base in one of our vehicles for the first couple months of my second daughter's life just because I liked the flexibility. If you prefer a convertible, I would get a NEXT. I was unable to get a RF install of a G4 Roundabout (same shell as the G3 Marathon) on a Delta flight, so if Allegiant specifically says their seats are small, I would be concerned.

As for your seven year old, I doubt that they will weigh him. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubbaray

I just looked at their site and it's unclear to me. You could call.

BUT I personally would be 100% fine with a 7yo is of a HBTB. I personally would not take a harnessed seat for a 7yo

JlynnB

Their seats are very small. I didn't have a problem with width but front to back can be an issue. I couldn't install my Classic Roundabout rear facing on Allegiant, but DD had just turned one so I forward faced her. I'm also pretty sure that was in the middle of the plane, though on some planes the last few rows are smaller than the rest. My B-Safe infant bucket didn't fit in the back, but I had a nice flight attendant who had the people in front of us switch rows. It JUST fit there. I can get an older model Scenera to rear face on Allegiant but it's VERY upright. I haven't tried a NEXT.

amelia222

Thanks. I think I'll just get a Next so I don't have to worry. She just fits in the infant seat so the baseless install won't be comfortable for her. And the older one will have to ride in a booster. She won't like it but she will get over it I'm sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC