Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Recs for a outdoors stroller?

I would love a double stroller suitable for pushing on grass or rough pavement. A "beach stroller." Relatively compact is a plus.

$200 or less.

There are lots of sales right now but I don't know what to buy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Are you purchasing single or double? Also used or new?
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe

Carseat Crazy

Re: Recs for a outdoors stroller?

I would rather have a double. Either new or used would be fine.

I bought my Valco Baby Snap Duo stroller used for $200. I like it a lot, but I don't know that I would use it on the beach. For grass, though, it is fine.

I don't know that you'll find many all-terrain strollers for under $200, so I would probably watch Craigslist and consignment sales like a hawk and hope that something used comes up.

You might check out this comparative review: http://www.lucieslist.com/best-all-t...ble-strollers/

Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Carseat Crazy

There are more than a couple sales going on right now...

I don't mean on the sand, I mean on uneven terrain like one would find at the beach, Boardwalk, craft fair, etc.

Rough pavement, Boardwalk, grass, gravel and light sand.

Thanks for the Valco rec!

I would recommend bob! They are amazing. Smooth for mom and kids. I got my double for $350 gently used by a set of grandparents for when their grandkids would visit. They owned the stroller for 1 yr and the grandkids visited 2 times in one year. I looks brand new!! They paid $675 for it they said. I think it was more like $625 but still I got a great deal. I have seen bob double strollers a few years older go for $200-$275 so keep your eyes out
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe

8. Thank You from:

Seconding the Bob
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

10. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by seb3244 View Post
    I would recommend bob! They are amazing. Smooth for mom and kids. I got my double for $350 gently used by a set of grandparents for when their grandkids would visit. They owned the stroller for 1 yr and the grandkids visited 2 times in one year. I looks brand new!! They paid $675 for it they said. I think it was more like $625 but still I got a great deal. I have seen bob double strollers a few years older go for $200-$275 so keep your eyes out

That's the kind of deal I'm looking for! Good for you!!!