How would a newborn fit the the Triumph Advance?

soygurl

I'm trying to to find a seat that would be most cost effective for long term use for a family with a VERY small budget. They're thinking of skipping the infant seat and using a convertible from the start. The Radian is probably out of their budget, and the Triumph Advance may be too but at least it's closer to their budget. My backup suggestion is the Scenera obviously, but they really want something that will last a while.

Has anyone tried a newborn (or younger infant) in the Advance? Does anyone know the bottom harness height? Does it install well RF?

ADS

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
I don't know about the Advanced, but my son fit quite nicely in the old version of the Triumph when he was 3 weeks old. We had an incident with a friend's dog "marking" his infant seat, so we had to use the Triumph while the cover from the infant seat dried after washing.

I know the harness adjustment system has changed, but I'm guessing the lowest harness setting should be the same, and the base looks pretty much the same. I have never had a problem installing this seat rear-facing in any vehicle I have tried it in. Although it can be a tad difficult to turn the harness adjuster knob when rear-facing since it can get smashed into the seatback depending on the vehicle. I like it a lot but it's just very wide and doesn't work well when you have more than 2 kids in the backseat.

Most people don't tote their newborns all over town in their car right away anyway, so provided it's an average sized newborn, I think skipping the infant seat is doable since little ones tend to pack on the pounds the first few months.

Yoshi

Here's a couple pictures for you. This is compressed without the infant padding, so 7- 7.5" seems about right. HTH!
100_4552.jpg

100_4553.jpg

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We had a problem with the fit of my DD2 in our (old) Triumph. The straps were very wide, and our DD was very narrow, and if she fell asleep and leaned to one side her opposite shoulder would slip out of the harness. I'm sure if you propped with recieveing blankets you'd be fine, but it was enough for us to juggle seats and put her back into the bucket. This was around 3-4 months old or so. :twocents:

Yoshi

We had a problem with the fit of my DD2 in our (old) Triumph. The straps were very wide, and our DD was very narrow, and if she fell asleep and leaned to one side her opposite shoulder would slip out of the harness. I'm sure if you propped with recieveing blankets you'd be fine, but it was enough for us to juggle seats and put her back into the bucket. This was around 3-4 months old or so. :twocents:
The new Triumph Advance straps are narrower, thank goodness...also the infant insert cradles them on both sides, so it may fit way better than the old Triumph.

arly1983

I can MAYBE get a pic for you (if my BIL leaves the house!)

My sister is due any day and I have a Sandbox triumph advance soooooo I could theoritcally get some pics if I can 'borrow' the baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC