NEXT and Blvd on plane

MN_Mom

Has anyone installed a Scenera NEXT and Britax BLVD-G3 side by side on an airplane? Any tips on placement and direction? I played around with them in my living room but I'm not sure how they will puzzle installed on the plane.

Stats
DD1: 3 yr 9mo, 32lb, 37.5"
DD2: 14mo, 22lb, 29.75" (at 12mo appt)

Plane: Delta MD-90
Flight: 3hr 20min

My plan is to put DD1 in the window seat and DD2 in the middle. I will be sitting in the aisle seat so I would like the middle seat RF so I have more shoulder room. (DH will be across the aisle)

DD1 does fit RF in the NEXT but her shoulders are at the top slots so she just barely will fit FF. I don't think she will grow much in the next 6 weeks but if she does, this seat it will have to be RF. I think she still fits RF in the BLVD but haven't check in a while.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, that's tough. I think the best shot is boulevard ff and NEXT rf to fit under the flare, but they may not want the rf seat center (sometimes they care, sometimes they don't) or they may just not fit.

Any chance at all of getting a narrower travel seat for the 3 year old?

MN_Mom

Any chance at all of getting a narrower travel seat for the 3 year old?

My husband already gave me a look :) when I brought home the $45 NEXT so I would like to try to make it with what we have. He wanted to bring 2 BLVD we have.

I thought about a second NEXT but it would basically be one time use for this trip.

We have a Chaperone but I think DD2 will be very close to maxing out the height limit.

MN_Mom

FYI--The seats fit easily. Installed the Blvd FF in the window seat and the NEXT RF in the center. I had plenty of room in the aisle seat, even put the armrest down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC