Needing help installing Graco Contender.

AutumnGoddess

I tried installing it rear facing captains chair in my dodge grand caravan (year 2013) I did first latch and it was loose. It just won't tighten! I don't know why and when used only lap shoulder belt and did it exactly how the manual said and still the seat moves all over.
Also my Van was on our driveway garage and on a hill. So the ball wasnt on the blue. I will try tomorrow morning again but making sure the van is parked on a flat surface. I see zero videos on YouTube on how to install.

I'm due feb 15 but I feel like I may go anytime this week. Need help ASAP thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

EmmasMom

I tried installing it rear facing captains chair in my dodge grand caravan (year 2013) I did first latch and it was loose. It just won't tighten! I don't know why and when used only lap shoulder belt and did it exactly how the manual said and still the seat moves all over.
Also my Van was on our driveway garage and on a hill. So the ball wasnt on the blue. I will try tomorrow morning again but making sure the van is parked on a flat surface. I see zero videos on YouTube on how to install.

I'm due feb 15 but I feel like I may go anytime this week. Need help ASAP thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pull the latch strap from under the hole it goes through. I don't think that explains it well... You want the "tail" to lay back over the strap and kneel on the seat while you pull it the opposite direction of the latch.

lgenne

Is the captain's chair upright? I've seen issues getting a good RF install in a T&C captain's chair when it was reclined a click or 2, when it's easy to get a good install with the seat upright. You might want to try installing with LATCH, too.

AutumnGoddess

Is the captain's chair upright? I've seen issues getting a good RF install in a T&C captain's chair when it was reclined a click or 2, when it's easy to get a good install with the seat upright. You might want to try installing with LATCH, too.

Yah its not going in any other spot! I'm not going to go through hassle putting a rear facing seat in third row much less with a newborn. I thought you could not do both. The latch and seat belt. I need a visual how to install
Posted via Mobile Device

AutumnGoddess

Pull the latch strap from under the hole it goes through. I don't think that explains it well... You want the "tail" to lay back over the strap and kneel on the seat while you pull it the opposite direction of the latch.

Yah that's going to be hard. Being pregnant and needing to push down. This is why I wanted a second chicco nextfit but I couldn't afford another. No idea what you mean about what your saying about the tail. Need a visual sorry
Posted via Mobile Device

lgenne

Yah its not going in any other spot! I'm not going to go through hassle putting a rear facing seat in third row much less with a newborn. I thought you could not do both. The latch and seat belt. I need a visual how to install
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm talking about the captain's chair itself. If you took out the car seat and sat in the spot yourself, would you be leaned back? Or would you be as upright as possible?

rin2809

A good tech will show you the best way to do the install so that you know how to do it yourself. I understand your point about being pregnant. I install seats regularly and was having trouble at 9 months. I would recommend reaching out to find a local resource to help you install the seat. You can do a search for local independent Car Seat Technicians, or in our area there is a Tech at the police station that helped us install for free. Every seat and every car is different, so maybe in person they would be able show you a way that works for you.

It is a silly question, but with the seatbelt install, are you sure that the seatbelt is locking? The best method I have found is to put the belt through the path before locking it, pull all of the slack that you can out of the belt on the side where the buckle is, hold that side tight while you pull the seabelt out from the van wall til the lock engages, then pull the slack part back through the belt path. I don't let go of the side above the buckle until it is almost completely tightened.

Do you have a friend that could help you out to put weight in the seat since you are in the awkward pregnant stage? It helps.

mom of six

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC