Out of the booster loop. What's the latest and greatest.

zactayaus

So, my youngest will be 7 in April and I will be transitioning him to a booster then. I haven't had to deal with high back boosters in a very very very long time. I'm completely out of the loop. What's the latest and greatest must have high back booster seats?

ADS

aept

Hi! Nice to see you here again!
I'm mostly following because I'm curious what others will say. In general, there is still favor for the ease of use and price point of dedicated boosters as opposed to using, say, a nautilus or frontier as a booster.
The Chicco Kidfit is relatively new and is pretty well liked but it's not as though it is too remarkable in any particular way, in my opinion.
Do you have latch available in the spot(s) where you plan to have him sit? If yes, I would want a latchable option.

zactayaus

He's still got that long torso? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he does not. Lol. Stopped growing a torso and grew some legs. Lol. He still fits in his GN with about a 1/4"-1/2" of grow room. Wears a size 6/7 shirt and is currently wearing size 6 pants but about to move up to 7's.

Kegracin

No he does not. Lol. Stopped growing a torso and grew some legs. Lol. He still fits in his GN with about a 1/4"-1/2" of grow room. Wears a size 6/7 shirt and is currently wearing size 6 pants but about to move up to 7's.

Well that's helpful then you have more options. The Kidfit is to short for me :-(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zactayaus

Thanks. It's good to be back. :) He has two FR's and a GN but I do want a dedicated booster and would prefer latch. We do still have two TB's and a Monterey from Ds2 that aren't expired but I'm itching for a new seat. It's been a long time since I got to car seat shop and I'm ready to spend some money on a new booster. Lol

Oh, he'll be in a captains chair in a 2010 Chevy traverse.

Hi! Nice to see you here again! I'm mostly following because I'm curious what others will say. In general, there is still favor for the ease of use and price point of dedicated boosters as opposed to using, say, a nautilus or frontier as a booster. The Chicco Kidfit is relatively new and is pretty well liked but it's not as though it is too remarkable in any particular way, in my opinion. Do you have latch available in the spot(s) where you plan to have him sit? If yes, I would want a latchable option.

Last edited:

jjordan

Not supe new, but we like our Recaro Probooster. Really I don't think there have been many new boosters lately. The Chicco is the last one I can think of offhand that got people excited.

zactayaus

Not supe new, but we like our Recaro Probooster. Really I don't think there have been many new boosters lately. The Chicco is the last one I can think of offhand that got people excited.

The Probooster was at the top of my list. :)

Is it latchable?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
We love the Parkway SGL. Lightweight, comfortable, no vehicle headrest required, latchable and anti-submarine clip if you wish to use it.

Not a new booster though. [emoji6]

seb3244

Recaro boosters were always tops for us, and still are where they fit. Some are a bit wide.

How many max pounds does the recaro high back booster fit??

Op we do really like the Graco safety surround and our britax parkway. We use them for my nieces and they are 6 & 8.5 and fit it both nicely.

momtoo3

Ds3 is 7 and wears size 7. He (and I) love his recaro performance booster. I was back and forth between that and the PWSG but he wanted a blue seat that had cup holders so we got the recaro. I do like that the PWSG becomes a nbb but that feature wasn't a deal breaker. I have no problem buying a new seat when he is ready for that lol. Both are tall and last a long time with good padding and head support as well as latch.

zactayaus

DS (2009 baby) has a Recaro Vivo, Graco TB Safety Surround, and Chicco Kidfit. Good to see you again!

Thanks. :)

I was looking at the TB safety surround at Target today and I really liked it. I also saw the Kidfit there but, idk, I really wasn't impressed. Maybe it was the boring color they had there. Maybe I'd like it better with a nice flashy bright cover. Lol

zactayaus

Ds3 is 7 and wears size 7. He (and I) love his recaro performance booster. I was back and forth between that and the PWSG but he wanted a blue seat that had cup holders so we got the recaro. I do like that the PWSG becomes a nbb but that feature wasn't a deal breaker. I have no problem buying a new seat when he is ready for that lol. Both are tall and last a long time with good padding and head support as well as latch.

I really think I'm leaning toward the Recaro. I need to find some place that has them in store for me to go see it in person.

rachelandtyke

Thanks. :)

I was looking at the TB safety surround at Target today and I really liked it. I also saw the Kidfit there but, idk, I really wasn't impressed. Maybe it was the boring color they had there. Maybe I'd like it better with a nice flashy bright cover. Lol

I got a red one. :) Couldn't bring myself to buy gray!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC