Redesigned Sureride?

AllieK

Has anyone seen the new Sureride at BRU? It looks redesigned! At least a new cover type. I can't find info on it anywhere else.

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=69016876&eESource=CA_DF:69016876:TRUS
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

rin2809

I don't know if it is related, or if maybe the online is the older model. But was just looking and the online version of the SureRide is on sale for $70 today at Babies R Us

Last edited:

Keeanh

If someone could compare the harness lengths of the new & old ones, that would be amazing! My only complaint about the current Sureride is that the harness isn't long enough for a 60lb+ kid on the top slots. And by 55lbs, you're starting to get the ends of the loops rubbing on the child's neck.

kidrepair

I don't know if it is related, or if maybe the online is the older model. But was just looking and the online version of the SureRide is on sale for $70 today at Babies R Us

I just looked at BRU and the price I'm seeing is $99.99...where are you seeing $70?

AllieK

If someone could compare the harness lengths of the new & old ones, that would be amazing! My only complaint about the current Sureride is that the harness isn't long enough for a 60lb+ kid on the top slots. And by 55lbs, you're starting to get the ends of the loops rubbing on the child's neck.

I will definitely compare & take pictures if I can remember! My son at 47-48lbs is at the point where the stitching at the ends of the loops are rubbing his neck. :(

My husband is going to kill me but I plan to buy one of the redesigned ones to have as a back up seat for when DS outgrows the Nautilus.

Keeyamah

I will definitely compare & take pictures if I can remember! My son at 47-48lbs is at the point where the stitching at the ends of the loops are rubbing his neck. :(

My husband is going to kill me but I plan to buy one of the redesigned ones to have as a back up seat for when DS outgrows the Nautilus.

They made a longer harness for the original after the complaints when it first came out. So the second gen seats and younger have a longer harness.

AllieK

They made a longer harness for the original after the complaints when it first came out. So the second gen seats and younger have a longer harness.

Hmm, what's considered 2nd gen? I'll have to check the DOM on our seat but it was purchased this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

kidrepair

http://t.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=37974736&cp=2255957.2273443.2255983.2256187.2256196&parentPage=family Just don't buy them all before I get mine with a trade in for under $55! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you happen to know how the trade in works if this seat is available only online? Will they still honor the coupon for a product that isn't actually in their store?

NM,it's out of stock in all stores within a reasonable drive.

Keeanh

I suspect it was already 2nd gen when it arrived in Canada because we get seats after you guys. The harness is long enough for a 65lb child, but it's a tight squeeze and the harness stitching is on the child's neck. I'm hoping they've made it even longer. Some loops like Graco uses would be awesome.

Holly

Do you happen to know how the trade in works if this seat is available only online? Will they still honor the coupon for a product that isn't actually in their store?

NM,it's out of stock in all stores within a reasonable drive.

I believe they will order it for you at the registry desk and have it shipped!

Keeyamah

Hmm, what's considered 2nd gen? I'll have to check the DOM on our seat but it was purchased this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not sure, honestly.

I suspect it was already 2nd gen when it arrived in Canada because we get seats after you guys. The harness is long enough for a 65lb child, but it's a tight squeeze and the harness stitching is on the child's neck. I'm hoping they've made it even longer. Some loops like Graco uses would be awesome.

I thought the longer harnesses here fit better than that at the top limits, but I could be wrong.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Really wondering about this redesign. I can't decide if the cover on the DLX just covers the "lip" at the bottom, or if they've essentially cut that bottom lip to make the whole thing more low profile for FFing. I really hope not... I use about a bazillionty of these and that lip is really helpful for holding a RFing angle.

The most recent shipments I got were the "original" style and the DOMs are fairly recent (maybe Dec?) It's also possible they'll continue that for institutional like they have the Titan50s. Guess we'll have to see!

AllieK

At the 2013 ABC Expo Evenflo said they were working on redesigning the recline stand so that it wasn't as sharp, I'm thinking maybe that's what this is...? Maybe I'll try to check one out at lunch today, although I don't have my trade-in with me.

allmyboyz

So if I wanted a Radian and it's not on display in my store do you know if they will honor a coupon if I order it at the store?

IME it depends on the salesperson. I have had two instances where they did but one refused to lol so it's def worth a shot.

kidrepair

Someone needs to just tell me what to buy, lol. Our Radian expired last month and I've ordered and returned 2 seats and just ordered a Nautilus(should be here Thursday) I went to BRU and found nothing I want there.

My problem is I love love my Radian and I'm not sure I'll be happy with anything else. I know in my head that it's not a smart purchase for a ff 4 y old. If I'm not happy with the GN I guess my next try is the Frontier. While I was at BRU my friend scored a Frontier on clearance for $99.99😂

Hmm... Interesting! At first I was thinking it was a similar to the original Scenera vs the Onside Air, the cover is just pulled down over the front. But now that I look at it, the seat pan does seem lower. I wonder if it'll have the flip-foot a la the original Titan?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC