Still debating seats! Help!

Kamy04

I feel like I have been debating forever. I want to do the BRU trade in, so I need to decide.

Looking for a new seat dor DS2 in my 2010 Elantra. He is in the CCO, but I am not feeling it. He is very tiny, probably just over 30 inches and 19lbs11oz with clothes on at almost 20 months. Not gonna be pushing any RF limits. I RF my much bigger DS1 until almost 4 and planning to do the same with him.

This seat will hipefully rarely be uninstalled simce DH and grandparents have their own seats.

The contenders:
Graco 4Ever
*Actually would prefer the Milestone but no place to try it in my car. Is the RF beltpath easier to access?
PROS:
Lower sides for loading, fits in car well on largest recline (sloped seats so need this recline), easy to tighten (huge criteria), DS2 seams content in it, coukd be used FF for DS1 in a pinch
CONS:
No lockoff, thought getting through beltpath was hard RF (had a hard time quickly installing), cover seems kinda tricky to remove, would like to see the Milestone (lol), I think the chest clip is harder to open

NextFit Zip
PROS:
Sweet lockoffs, easy to install, zip cover, derp sides for my little guy, fits well on biggest recline, like the 2 size chest clip
CONS:
I am afraid it will be hard to load into later, thought 4ever was easier to tighten, DS2 seems to haaaaate it but was happier in it installed, heavy

Marathon (or Boulevard). Non ClickTight
PROS:
Lockoffs, cover not too hard to remove, lower sides for loading, DS2 absolutely loves the Classic in grandmas car (expiring next month) but could also be it is a minivan with big windows, easy install
CONS:
Not something new to try lol, harness can be harder to tighten, heavy, sits high up which can be a pain for loading in the future

Help! Which seat do you like or do you (as an outside opinion) think is the best bet? I know it depends on my priorities, but I like different things about each seat and these are the three that fit my most important criteria.

ETA: tried these at BRU tonight and it did not help! I feel like it made it harder because I was really thinking 4ever and now not positive.

Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

cookie123

I'm also trying to decide. Have you looked at the Fllo? That's on my list, and the 4Ever or Milestone. Now I'm waiting for the all in one Extend to fit that is supposed to be coming in April.

MelodyoftheForest

My daughter is about that age and about the same size, but maybe heavier. She can pretty much climb into the NextFit by herself when it is installed in the center and she has some seat room to launch herself in. I really like it. I chose it over a few others partly because its compact size did not impede my blind spot visiblity, even with the headrest all the way up, when in the center of my back seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AllieK

I am really loving our 4Ever! Love its compactness, love the fabric, love the low sides, love the RF legroom, love the smooth harness adjustment. Install was very easy (I used LATCH, haven't tried seat belt yet). I considered the Milestone but I didn't like the uncovered sides and only 1 cup holder (very important to DD! LOL)

We also have a Marathon & Boulevard G3 and the lack of RF legroom is just getting ridiculous for my tall 2yo. The Boulevard is in MIL's vehicle and she hates it. :( DD also complains about the lack of a cupholder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kamy04

I am trying not to look at the Fllo ;-)

I was able to try the Milestone at Target today, but obviously not in the car. I liked it.

Thinking of the 4ever or the milestone now. Might depend on if my BRU counts ordering a seat as "in stock" for the Trade In.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am trying not to look at the Fllo ;-)

I was able to try the Milestone at Target today, but obviously not in the car. I liked it.

Thinking of the 4ever or the milestone now. Might depend on if my BRU counts ordering a seat as "in stock" for the Trade In.
Posted via Mobile Device

I ordered an Ayla Milestone (not available in store at my BRU) with my trade-in coupon.
It was no big deal at all. I just sat at the registry desk while the woman there handled all of it and printed a receipt for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamy04

I ordered the Milestone today at BRU and traded in an old seat. It comes in about 2 weeks, but they were fine shipping it to my house and still using the coupon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I ordered the Milestone today at BRU and traded in an old seat. It comes in about 2 weeks, but they were fine shipping it to my house and still using the coupon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats! Hope you love it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC