Ford Freestar Opinions?

rin2809

It appears we may have reached the point where our current 1999 Windstar is going to cost more to fix than it is worth, so I find myself in search of a new vehicle. Thanks to some past financial mistakes, DH and I probably won't be able to get financed for much so we are looking at $6000 or less.

I did find a 2006 Ford Freestar SEL with 69,000 miles that fits into our budget, but I really know very little about the van. In fact, didn't even know this model ever existed! It has some nice upgrades from our Windstar (woohoo for a 4 door minivan!!), but wanted to check if anyone knows of any car seat install pitfalls to be aware of like there are with the Dodge/Chrysler.

If it helps, we have two kiddos (3 YO FF, 2 month old in infant seat) and we don't plan to have any more, so they will be in the captain seats. We will be using the vehicle for travel and regularly bring my MIL along on the drives so the FF toddler may need to be installed in his Nautilus in the rear seat.

I am open to any other recommendations you have as well. I am bummed because the ex-police Crown Victoria's have been recommended to me a lot for car seat fits, but living in MN, the rear wheel drive just isn't workable.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

I am about to go to bed, but I will do my best to get back to this tomorrow and let you know whatever you want to know if I know. LOL

Anyway, we used to have a 2003 Windstar and a 2004 Freestar.

2BunniesMommy

I am so, so sorry. I totally forgot to come back. I assume you have already bought something or if you haven't that the Freestar you were considering is gone, but if you are still deciding and have questions or still want opinions, let me know. Again, super sorry!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC