Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

valco vs bjcm gt

Hello ladies! I'm hoping someone can help me pick a new single stroller. I'm expecting #7 in July. My youngest two will have turned 4 &6 by that point. I have an Indie Twin Bumble ride, witch I really like. I love the tires, basket, and canopy.

I'd like to get a single for this baby. I need something that can push well at the zoos, parks ect. I don't know if I want to pay $500 for the indie single stroller...so I was looking at the bjcm gt. BUT..the basket is so small and I carry a huge bag and water for 9 ect...plus my DH is 6'4" and I've heard tall people kick the axle.
    So then I seen the Valco. I looks nice and has a big basket. But i have no experience with this brand. Also seen you can buy extra tires for it to make it an all terrain.

Anybody here have opinions on these strollers?
    Thank you!
    Kelley- mom of seven!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: valco vs bjcm gt

Any stroller experts out there?
    Maybe I should post in the baby section. ..

After looking around, I like the Valco zee, BUT I'm worried it won't handle zoo and park type things. Mulch, small gravel, ect..
    The GT looks great, other than the basket...

Maybe I should just get the indie? It only issue is price, lol.
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Carseat Crazy
    I'm a huge valco fan! I have a trimode and have had a Zee Two. I definitely prefer the basket and fold (in rather than out) of the Snap compared to a BJ city mini. Have you tried searching "valco" on the forums? I think I may have posted a comparison of the double versions on here and have definitely posted what I like about the strollers. KetchupQueen turned me onto Easywalker strollers as well and that's the only reason I got rid of the double Zee. It is bulkier and much more all terrain. I never had any problems pushing the Zee at the zoo, parks, slight off road. Granted it's not as easy as something with all terrain wheels but certainly doable. I've seen some great deals on eBay on the older Valco Quad and on some single Zee's. The quad is more all terrain and might be worth checking out too.

And check out the Easywalkers too!

Great thank you.
    I do like the Zee's fold. That's a definite plus. I'm so use to the Indie Twin all terrain tires, I'm afraid I'll hate smaller wheels again.

I'm going to do a quick search on the easywalker, is that it's full name and brand?

Thanks!
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Great thank you. I do like the Zee's fold. That's a definite plus. I'm so use to the Indie Twin all terrain tires, I'm afraid I'll hate smaller wheels again. I'm going to do a quick search on the easywalker, is that it's full name and brand? Thanks!
    Easywalker has a three wheel version and the Qtro.

DH just mentioned that what ever we get, we'll be fly to Disney with.

Do you think the Zee would be small enough? I've never flown, DH has many times, but not with kids.
    Kelley- mom of seven!

You can get air tires for the rear of the Zee. And you can get front and rear air tires for the Snap 4.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Thank you. I'll definitely take a look at those!

Has anyone used both the GT and the Zee? Is the basket on the GT as terrible as I've read?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Carseat Crazy
    I flew with our Zee two to Orlando. The fold is the exact same size as the double GT if not marginally smaller when you take the wheels off (which I did at the gate). So I'd expect the same with the single versions.

I've had a BJCM single and double. I greatly preferred the Valco Zee. The basket is fantastic on the Zee compared to the BJ ones.

I think I have some pictures with kids in it I can dig up. I can send by email if you give it to me.

Did you pop off the wheels?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Did you pop off the wheels?
    Yes! They are quick release use in buttons in the center. I brought along a cloth reusable grocery type bag and threw them in there, tied it shut and stowed them in an overhead bin.

I missed your post saying you'd send pics. I'm going to pm you my email. Thanks so much.

So do you think the Zee can handle the zoo, park mulch, and small gravel, etc?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Carseat Crazy

I just saw this thread! We have a single Zee and it works great at the zoo and on bumpy sidewalks. We haven't tried it on too many other surfaces but it's the most all-terrain stroller we've had and I think it should be fine on most surfaces. We haven't gotten the air tires for it yet but may at some point.

Thanks! Do you find it easy to fold?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Carseat Crazy

We use it primarily for walks at home, so I don't usually fold it; but yes. It's pretty easy but ours has a weird fluke where you have to tap the top of the storage basket for it to finish the fold. I don't know if they're all like that or maybe I did something wrong when I put it together! It is still easy but was just confusing the first couple of times when it didn't seem to want to fold all of the way.