valco vs bjcm gt

Kel

Hello ladies! I'm hoping someone can help me pick a new single stroller. I'm expecting #7 in July. My youngest two will have turned 4 &6 by that point. I have an Indie Twin Bumble ride, witch I really like. I love the tires, basket, and canopy.

I'd like to get a single for this baby. I need something that can push well at the zoos, parks ect. I don't know if I want to pay $500 for the indie single stroller...so I was looking at the bjcm gt. BUT..the basket is so small and I carry a huge bag and water for 9 ect...plus my DH is 6'4" and I've heard tall people kick the axle.
So then I seen the Valco. I looks nice and has a big basket. But i have no experience with this brand. Also seen you can buy extra tires for it to make it an all terrain.

Anybody here have opinions on these strollers?
Thank you!

ADS

Kel

Any stroller experts out there?
Maybe I should post in the baby section. ..

After looking around, I like the Valco zee, BUT I'm worried it won't handle zoo and park type things. Mulch, small gravel, ect..
The GT looks great, other than the basket...

Maybe I should just get the indie? It only issue is price, lol.

jordansmom

I'm a huge valco fan! I have a trimode and have had a Zee Two. I definitely prefer the basket and fold (in rather than out) of the Snap compared to a BJ city mini. Have you tried searching "valco" on the forums? I think I may have posted a comparison of the double versions on here and have definitely posted what I like about the strollers. KetchupQueen turned me onto Easywalker strollers as well and that's the only reason I got rid of the double Zee. It is bulkier and much more all terrain. I never had any problems pushing the Zee at the zoo, parks, slight off road. Granted it's not as easy as something with all terrain wheels but certainly doable. I've seen some great deals on eBay on the older Valco Quad and on some single Zee's. The quad is more all terrain and might be worth checking out too.

And check out the Easywalkers too!

Kel

Great thank you.
I do like the Zee's fold. That's a definite plus. I'm so use to the Indie Twin all terrain tires, I'm afraid I'll hate smaller wheels again.

I'm going to do a quick search on the easywalker, is that it's full name and brand?

Thanks!

jordansmom

Great thank you. I do like the Zee's fold. That's a definite plus. I'm so use to the Indie Twin all terrain tires, I'm afraid I'll hate smaller wheels again. I'm going to do a quick search on the easywalker, is that it's full name and brand? Thanks!

Easywalker has a three wheel version and the Qtro.

Kel

DH just mentioned that what ever we get, we'll be fly to Disney with.

Do you think the Zee would be small enough? I've never flown, DH has many times, but not with kids.

Kel

Thank you. I'll definitely take a look at those!

Has anyone used both the GT and the Zee? Is the basket on the GT as terrible as I've read?

jordansmom

I flew with our Zee two to Orlando. The fold is the exact same size as the double GT if not marginally smaller when you take the wheels off (which I did at the gate). So I'd expect the same with the single versions.

I've had a BJCM single and double. I greatly preferred the Valco Zee. The basket is fantastic on the Zee compared to the BJ ones.

I think I have some pictures with kids in it I can dig up. I can send by email if you give it to me.

Kel

I missed your post saying you'd send pics. I'm going to pm you my email. Thanks so much.

So do you think the Zee can handle the zoo, park mulch, and small gravel, etc?

JlynnB

I just saw this thread! We have a single Zee and it works great at the zoo and on bumpy sidewalks. We haven't tried it on too many other surfaces but it's the most all-terrain stroller we've had and I think it should be fine on most surfaces. We haven't gotten the air tires for it yet but may at some point.

JlynnB

We use it primarily for walks at home, so I don't usually fold it; but yes. It's pretty easy but ours has a weird fluke where you have to tap the top of the storage basket for it to finish the fold. I don't know if they're all like that or maybe I did something wrong when I put it together! :rolleyes: It is still easy but was just confusing the first couple of times when it didn't seem to want to fold all of the way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC