Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar

2014 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab

My dad is probably getting this vehicle. I see the middle seat has no head rest , but we can work around that.

What's the lower anchor/tether situation? Because if it doesn't have at least two tethers, I'm going to have to suggest he look at another model (They want to take the girls camping). Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab

It definitely has 3 tethers. It only has 2 sets of lower anchors, but you can use the seat belt to install any seat... And the lower anchors do have a weight limit, whereas the seat belt can be used up to the full weight limit of the car seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Thank You from:

Fantastic. The head rest thing won't be a problem for a long, long time then. The FF kids are small and I can keep them harnessed for a long time and in HBBs that do not require support after that. Just hoping the tethers allow me to actual tighten the seats' straps decently.

5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

If anyone can speak to the usability of this truck's tethers, I'd love to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    If anyone can speak to the usability of this truck's tethers, I'd love to hear it!

Loop tethers which are often found in trucks are only an issue with v tethers but even then it's do able just trickier. I'd take loop tethers over my dads 03 full size truck tethers where you have to fold the seat back attach the tether then put the seat back and install the car seat.

8. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegracin View Post
    Loop tethers which are often found in trucks are only an issue with v tethers but even then it's do able just trickier. I'd take loop tethers over my dads 03 full size truck tethers where you have to fold the seat back attach the tether then put the seat back and install the car seat.

Yeesh - glad I won't have to do that. I'm just happy to hear it's doable, because this truck selection is obviously not 100% car seat driven. Worst case scenario was really just being where we are now, because he has a regular cab currently. It'll be nice for him to not need the van to take the kids.