Does she have another year left in the Scenera NEXT?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
So my in-laws liked the Scenera NEXT best of all the seats I tried out with them today.

My daughter is about 36" standing height and the pic below shows how much room she has above her head. I know it can be used until the top of the head is even with the top of the shell, or 40" standing height (or 40 lbs, but we are nowhere near that). Any guesses as to whether she will make it until 4 in it? Or how close she'll come? She is currently 2y10m.

8a0fdee3b9b5719fe9f4ae71f0ece3e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How much of her hair is hair, and how much is head?

She'll have a while - I'd guess she'll get pretty close.

lgenne

So my in-laws liked the Scenera NEXT best of all the seats I tried out with them today.

Would it be rude to say I told you so? [emoji28]

Also, what a cutie!

I'd guess she'll make it. I'd just keep an eye on her as she starts getting close. If she outgrows it by standing or seated height, switch to their second favorite for those last few months.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ok, so follow up question:

Do I get a second Scenera NEXT when Lydia outgrows her infant seat? Or do I take advantage of the trade-in and get something that can be used FF as well? If so, what would you recommend? I am wondering, if they like the Dorel buckles, whether I should consider a Grow and Go or something?

lgenne

I wouldn't mess with what works, especially with something as cheap as the Scenera NEXT. If they like it, give them what they like. I know you're a planner, but I would use what works, re-evaluate when it stops working or gets close.

The Scenera NEXT is a great seat for "I don't know what we'll need long term yet." Also, I thought you were pretty set on the Go for FF?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wouldn't mess with what works, especially with something as cheap as the Scenera NEXT. If they like it, give them what they like. I know you're a planner, but I would use what works, re-evaluate when it stops working or gets close.

The Scenera NEXT is a great seat for "I don't know what we'll need long term yet." Also, I thought you were pretty set on the Go for FF?

I was, but now that my FIL seems to have a preference for seatbelt installs, I am re-evaluating. I am such an indecisive mess!

I think you are right, though. It just pains me to buy two of the same seat. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I love having variety and flexibility! But this is about them, not about me. If they want consistency, then that's what I should do!

lgenne

Now I want a next NEXT, even though the first NEXT remains mostly unused in the basement and 2/3 of my children have outgrown it, and 3/3 are likely to have outgrown it within 18 months or so and we aren't planning any more children.

(I bought a zebra stripe one like 2 days before the awesome solid colors came out. My shipment was in transit. [emoji53])

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Would the APT50 last longer? According to this comparison review, the shell of the Apt50 is a little taller. Plus, it has dual cupholders, which my toddler seems to be currently obsessed with...

Is the install on the Apt50 significantly harder?

krasota

Does she grow on an even curve? If so, she should get a year out of it.

My child grew 4+" from 3y-4y and very little from 2y-3y. I opted to not buy a Next when she hit the 36" limit on her Scenera last month. She doesn't grow evenly (obviously).

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Does she grow on an even curve? If so, she should get a year out of it.

My child grew 4+" from 3y-4y and very little from 2y-3y. I opted to not buy a Next when she hit the 36" limit on her Scenera last month. She doesn't grow evenly (obviously).

Hmmm...Maybe? She grew 7.5 inches her first year, 5 inches the second, and has grown 3 inches so far in her third year (of which we have about 2 months left). Is that normal slowing down? Or does that mean she is due for a growth spurt and will grow a lot now?

momtoo3

I'm like you and want all the seats lol! I really like both our next and our grow and go. I would get a next and a grow and go since the next is outgrown ff before rf. I have both for that exact reason.

The next fits in the middle of my 3rd row with boosters on either side. I'm using it for the 17 month old I watch who is about 28 pounds and 34-35 inches. He should fit for another year maybe longer. I have the grow and go (that I originally bought for him but doesn't fit in the 3rd row now that I have another little one and need three across) waiting. When the 7 mo old I am now caring for outgrows his infant seat I will probably put him in the next and the 17 mo old back in the grow and go where the infant seat first now. I do have another next I can use but I like variety lol. If I need a three across in my second row at that time I will use the next. The plus to the grow and go is the nicer padding and it's a nice ff seat and a good booster. It's easy to adjust too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC