Target Carseat Aisle Redesign

Kamy04

I was at Target last week and they redid the carseat aisle. Half the seats are on display like 10 feet in the air! It is a lot of the rarer seats, too. (I.e ones I want to look at and try). They have a lot more seats, but man I hate the redesign. I don't know how you can try the seats other than getting a staff member and even then it would be a pain to get them down IF you even can. (They are angled, so I assume secured somehow)

Anyone elses switch? I usually don't buy seats there, but I do like to try them there since it is close.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

melissa621

Yup. They have them at our Target now too. It's cool to be able to see the seats, but I'm not sure what good it is when they're so high up. It would be nice if they had them lower just to try out. They did have a Radian RXT on display though. It was separate from the seats higher up.

rachelandtyke

I feel claustrophobic with the new design, even though it is neat to see those seats!

I have bought most of our seats from Target on clearance. :eek:

lgenne

I love/hate it too. The thing I dislike the most is the fact that even the "accessible" seats are now zip tied to the shelf. How am I supposed to play with car seats I'm never going to buy now???

(Shockingly, I've only ever bought 2 car seats at Target. A Sureride that lives at the IL's, and a Kidfit that I returned when I realized it required buckling when unoccupied.)

Kamy04

I didn't realize the lower seats are zip tied! Ugh. That is ridiculous. I like the new selection, but really pointless and not promoting safety if you cannot try them.

I agree it feels very closed in with the seats so high. It made the aisle darker, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

cookie123

I know. What's the point of having them on display if you can't check them out. We should get on their FB page and let them know!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The lower ones aren't zip tied at any of the stores I've been at around here. And when I was at Target this evening, the Radian (up high) looked a little disheveled, so I am guessing you can ask for the seats to be brought down.

I kind of like the enclosed feeling, actually. It makes me feel less "on-display" as I am playing with seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griffinej5

Mine has been redesigned, and so have the ones at a few others I've gone too. They weren't zip tied here. I took th extend2fit down from the shelf to play with.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Please tell me that I'm not the only one who made happy noises when you saw all them fancy seats. My friend was with me and just laughed...

"Oh my gosh! They sell RECAROS?!"
"This seat is like a super speciality seat!" (Radian)
"And this seat is crap."

allmyboyz

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who made happy noises when you saw all them fancy seats. My friend was with me and just laughed... "Oh my gosh! They sell RECAROS?!" "This seat is like a super speciality seat!" (Radian) "And this seat is crap."

I was like oooh look at all the seats! And ds1 was like but mama all of us already have seats. 😳

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Should have read up here before posting the same thing in Shopping...whoops. Anyway, that Orbit and Phil & Ted's looked nice, even 5 feet above my head, lol.

bnsnyde

That new aisle slowed down my quick trip!
But yes, I want to play with the seats first. Then decide to buy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC