Snugride 30 at Target

cookie123

I made a quick run through the car seat aisle when I was at Target today and I noticed that the Snugride 30 has a new style cover. I could always easily recognize it by that sort of flap that went over the side. It's redesigned apparently. I hope it stays on better. :)

I decided to look at their website. There's only 30's and 35's and 40's on there. All the 30's look like they had the new cover. Did they redo the 30 or is it the same as the old one with a new style cover? One said it had In Right Latch. Does that just mean premium latch connectors?

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Might have to find a picture somehow. Too many snugrides, so many more crappy ones (I'm so bitter about rear adjust models and the removable recline foot, can you tell?), to keep up with.
One at BRU on a travel system has LX sewn onto the cover, but it's not! It's just a front adjust regular 35 (LX has nice LATCH, built in lockoff, good recline, front adjust, regular 35 has front adjust, that's all that's good about it).

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, it's super confusing. There is a Turbobooster LX at Target and it has the latch, but it doesn't have the side impact bolster things that the BRU-exclusive Turbobooster LX has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie123

They just do that so we can't tell people which model to buy and folks will unsuspectingly buy the rear adjust. Maybe they should all be rear adjust so when you went to a convertible, they wouldn't seem so much harder!

Here's the new style.

http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/snugride-click-connect-30-lx-infant-car-seat-play.aspx

I saw some of the SR 35's have safety surround. Is that new?

This shows the old style cover.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...raco-snugride-30-classic-connect-99042618.htm

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think we just have to tell everyone to buy LX, I'm glad to see a 30 coming in that trim level finally :) (Funny to say that about rear adjust, you should see people thrill to the idea of a front adjust convertible when they are done with their rear adjust infant seats!) But the quality of the cover looks about the same as all the other CC's I've seen, which is good, I don't see the covers falling off or sliding around like the old ones, either, lately. :) I think the Safety Surround must be new, lots of new stuff popping up this month.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I clicked on the product instruction link for the seat labeled with InRight LATCH, and they just showed the default cheap hooks, so I *guess* that means it's their name for premium connector?

mom of six

The two seats you linked are not the same model. The first (without the weird flaps) is from the Click Connect line and the second one with the weird flaps is from the Classic Connect line.

The Click Connect 30 has been available as part of a travel system for at least 2.5 years because my friend bought one for her now 2 year old daughter from NoBetterDeal (Back in the good ole days).

Just another nod to Graco and their naming scheme.

cookie123

The two seats you linked are not the same model. The first (without the weird flaps) is from the Click Connect line and the second one with the weird flaps is from the Classic Connect line.

The Click Connect 30 has been available as part of a travel system for at least 2.5 years because my friend bought one for her now 2 year old daughter from NoBetterDeal (Back in the good ole days).

Just another nod to Graco and their naming scheme.

Go Graco. I was obviously unaware of that. So the 30 was originally a classic connect and then came out with a click connect version? Is it actually different besides the cover?
I never understood the distinction between the 2. Didn't classic also click into their strollers and bases?

mom of six

Go Graco. I was obviously unaware of that. So the 30 was originally a classic connect and then came out with a click connect version? Is it actually different besides the cover?
I never understood the distinction between the 2. Didn't classic also click into their strollers and bases?

Totally different seats!!!

Different shell, different base, all different EXCEPT for the name. Same name.:eek:

cookie123

Thanks! That's crazy. Do you know when click connect started? There should be an Graco infant seat meme outlining the differences like for the clones.

mom of six

3 ish years is my guess.

I have heard that all the classic connects are now discontinued but it will be a while before they are no longer carried in stores.

super_grape

I can't believe that in this day and age, Graco is still making a rear adjust infant seat:eek:! Why on earth?!

Also, they're discontinuing the classic connects? I checked out the clicks and chose classic over them because of the nice, deep shell and sturdier feeling base. I always hated how shallow the snugride seemed in the head area. Nowadays with so many other manufacturers making seats that offer deep shells...it just seems silly on Graco's part to go backwards.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC