12 passenger van

mping

I think I know the answer to this but do I need car seats in one? We are planning a trip to Universal Studios and the transportation to the hotel from the airport is a 12 passenger van from what I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

mping

Damn. I was hoping I was wrong. Why oh why can't they have busses like Disney World????

MamaChirpy

Damn. I was hoping I was wrong. Why oh why can't they have busses like Disney World????

How many kids would need a seat? How old are they? You could do Bibble Buns or maybe Scenara Nexts. Those are both light and cheap.

mping

I have 3 kids. I'm going to do a Next for the one year old, bubble bum for the 8 yo and my 10 yo 5 steps sometimes. Do kids who are super close to 5 stepping, usually 5 step in a 12 passenger van? I have another bubble bum so can just bring it for her. Or her incognito.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
The 10 year old may not be able to use a booster at all in these vans. The seat backs are rather low, and a booster would likely put his ears over the top of the seat back, which isn't safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brightredmtn

The 10 year old may not be able to use a booster at all in these vans. The seat backs are rather low, and a booster would likely put his ears over the top of the seat back, which isn't safe. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Less safe than an improperly fitted seat belt?

Dillipop

Less safe than an improperly fitted seat belt?

While technically not approved, I've read that the bubblebum passes testing deflated. I might consider using it that way if your need to get your child head low enough to have the seatback provide neck protection and the booster will help pull the belt lower.

Keeanh

Do you know what make the vans are? Outboard seats in a Chev / GM will have good lap belt fit. Ford, however, has higher seatbacks. I would take an Incognito and make the call once there.

mping

I don't know what kind of vans they have. She has an Incognito for home but Bubble Bums will be so much easier to travel with.

mping

So, the next worked great. 8 yo used BB and 10 yo didn't use anything bc I was nervous about not having a head rest. The fit looked pretty good on her though. She's probably about 4'10" now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC