ISO Roundabout/Marathon

U

Unregistered

If it's a Roundabout, I only need it for 2 years, so it can have a DOM of 1/01 or later. If it's a Marathon, it'll last longer, but it still only needs a DOM of 1/02 (but the oldest is 10/02 right?).

I've got $100, which has to include shipping, and yes, I know that's not much. :) I'd buy something else, but the Touriva I tried, and the CarGo I tried have truly practically IMPOSSIBLE harness adjusters. I've had a tech install them and try to adjust them and it was still nearly impossible for her.

This is for a 2yo FF.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
the CarGo I tried have truly practically IMPOSSIBLE harness adjusters
Really :confused: We have one of the older ones that is just as easy to use as the Roundabout my brother has.... Was yours a Platinum CarGo? Maybe that's the difference? Or maybe that one was just a faulty seat? I believe the newer ones with EPS retail less than $100 & I can't imagine the harness adjuster would be any more difficult than the older ones.

U

Unregistered

Mine is from '00, but I tried the display last night at Target (I don't know which "cargo" it was), and it wasn't any better.

mamamia

What seat are you currently using? Why do you want to replace it?

I am suprised you are having trouble with the Platinum Cargo (that is what Target sells I believe), because the Ultra Cargo my niece uses is simple to adjust-almost as easy as our Fisher Price and Britax seats.

Have you looked at any of the Evenflo combination seats? Many people like them, and find them easy to adjust.

U

Unregistered

I'm a different "unregistered" than the OP, but I know what he/she is talking about.

I had one of those CarGos that had the horrible adjusters on the straps. I think it was the Cherished CarGo. I was so frustrated with that seat that I gave it to a relative for his son (the relative was using a very old carseat that was given to him, so this was a step up for him) and I shelled out the $$ to get the Marathon. In the long run, the Marathon ended up being more cost effective and I didn't have to remove the seat every time I needed to adjust the straps. My son is almost 6 and still fits in the Marathon; however, it's been handed down to his little sister by now.

There was no pull adjuster beneath the legs like on that CarGo like on most car seats. The straps had to be adjusted two ways - with a device on the strap and with a device on the back of the carseat (requiring it to be uninstalled).

trishlynne

I'm the original OP...

I FINALLY remembered my password!

My CarGo does have the front adjust between the legs, and I've looked and looked and can't find any problems with it. Anyone remember the problem with the "old" routing of the Marathons? This is WORSE. Same with my Touriva.

I suppose I should spend the evening at Babies-R-Us, examining all the combo seats. Now, another problem is that they are only rated to 40 lbs with the harness in the U.S. My kiddo will VERY likely outgrow that while he still needs to be harnessed. Now, I had a tech tell me that I could make the "parental decision" to keep using the harness of my CarGo to 48lbs if it was tethered (as per Canadian directions). Do any of the newer combo seats have the same "parental decision" potential?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC