Impressed with my DH? Or disappointed in Graco?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was showing my husband the Extend2Fit at Target today. When we were done looking at it, he was crouched down and started looking at the Nautilus. I started getting nervous that he just wanted to give up on this whole Rear-Facing thing and put our almost-3-year-old in a combination seat.

I asked him what was on his mind and he said. "This packaging. It implies that you should forward-face your child when they're still -- what's the oldest possible size of a onesie? 24 months?"

I didn't realize what he was talking about at first until I saw that the patterning of the box was made up in part by different clothes and accessories for different age groups, starting with onesies. "And it has the little matching hat? Like you'd have for a newborn?" he added. "That's gross and I don't like it."

2364377d9422dd06f69f1610fc87c348.jpg

I have to say that I agree that an average child who can still fit into a onesie and uses a 2-handled sippy cup should still be rear-facing, and I think Graco should adjust their packaging images...but more than that I am just so impressed that my husband noticed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

LC2003

That is interesting that he noticed the little silhouette designs. I would never have seen that, either.

Athena

I'm incredibly impressed with your DH for noticing! My DH would never, NEVER notice that.

I don't like anything about their packaging. I hate it when companies say it's the last seat ... That was definitely not true for us of the Nauti.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't even know what I thought those rainbow blobs on the packaging were, good for him for picking that out :D
No wonder at least one of these a month gets returned because people find out it's not an RF seat (ok, stealing the name 3-in-1 from Dorel's convertibles is the real problem, but yeah, onesies and baby hats don't help AT ALL).
I'm glad we don't have the boxes on the floor at BRU anymore, the toddler on the Turbo box used to just make me wince daily.

Baylor

I wish they did not tout it as the last car seat you will only need because it implies it is the only car seat you will only need. I have seen people try to install these backwards..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC