Do you ever feel like....

MorgieBear'sMama

You have to have every seat? I am sitting here thinking of ways to get dd a regent, radian, and safeguard seat. None of which we need. I just want them to be able to switch them out every once in a while.:whistle:

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Nope

I guess for me since I get to play with all kinds of models almost daily for me it's all about what is easiest to use for my own children. I get to see what a PITA some high weight limit seats can be to install so I bought ones I will get the most use out of and easy to install.

Plus in the 6yrs I have had children we have already owned 19 seats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Uh... yeah? I almost do have every seat, lol. (that's why having booster age kids and a car with side airbags is my only savior, backless boosters are cheap and small and I can have loads of them to feed the need...)

:)

skaterbabs

Not really. I would like to be able to use all 6 rear seating positions in my Suburban at the the same time though.... none of my current seats will allow that.

Auntie2Avi

YES! I wish Avi would outgrow his DC/MA already, lol. I want to get him a Regent for his mom's car, and either a Regent or a Radian for my car. I also want to play with 3 across in my parents and other sister's car, and Avi's father's car, but I think that will send them all over the edge, this is a *secret* carseat obsession, shhh, don't tell.

NOAHSMOM

I have dreamed (literaly) about having a TrueFit and YS, but my FPSVD works just fine, so my dream will never come true. I get bored having the same seat in my car every day, so it would be great to have several and do a rotation.

niccig

Sometimes, but we're good for now. I have one DS and 4 car seats. BV and Como in constant use, Safety First Uptown for babysitter/travel and a Safeguard that was an amazing deal even with DS still RF, so it's in my closet until he FF.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've owned far too many seats -- shameful really considering how little $ I make :rolleyes::eek: Seriously....

I'm good to go now, though: 5 seats for 1 kid :whistle:

Morganthe

I can honestly say...no. Just one that fits 'em and installs well is good enough for me. :)

I'm with ya :)

Although there are times I wish I could have tried something that might have worked easier in the past.
But I've spent over an entire year worrying, researching, and trying to determine what would fit best for dd after she outgrew her primary seat, that it's utter relief I don't have to do it again for a long time :) :) Radian & Regent is plenty :whistle:

katiesmommy

Yes, I do, all the time. I was sitting thinking of reasons that I need a Boulevard, MA, and Radian. And I thought I was the only crazy one.

tl01

Yes... I do wish I could have one of each seat. I don't see any other new seats in the near future though as I don't really have any need for more seats and because my DH thinks we have plenty of seats already.:rolleyes:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
it would be great to have several and do a rotation.

* jumps up and down wildly* I have, and I do. I just wish there was more on the market that fit my kids so I could have a better selection. I'm thinking of getting another 86-Y and a bunch of boosters. Or maybe just a bunch more boosters.

And get this, Only my 5yo doesn't fit the seatbelt in the new car. And even she is pretty darn close in the 3rd row. She'll probably fit it by the time her b-day rolls around in Feb.

Mom to:
Hope 5yrs-64lbs-46", rides in Regent, Husky, Radian, Confidence, TB, BG, Intera( Booster), Laptop, Ride Safer Vest

Danny 8yrs-52lbs-51", rides in Husky, Confidence, Radian, TB, BG, Intera (booster), Ride Safer Vest, adult belt

Becky 11yrs-88lbs-5'2", rides in adult belt, Confidence, Intera (booster), BG

Frequent driver to a slew of other kids ranging in age from 2-16, riding in whatever I feel like using at the time.

singingpond

Well, I don't really feel a wish to own every carseat out there. I don't like the idea of unused carseats stored (where??) in our already cluttered house. However.... I sure would like to be able to TRY a whole bunch of them :). Part of it is the challenge of doing 3-across installations, and there's often no way of knowing for sure if something fits in 3 dimensions without trying it. I also would like to maneuver something that would let my 6 y.o. ride harnessed again for a while (although he usually sits fairly well in his Parkway), so I keep mentally rearranging seats, and wondering if I can somehow shoe-horn a Safeguard into my small car, LOL. Maybe I just have to order one with return shipping insurance so I can try it out....

That's probably another thread... i.e. how many people have ordered a carseat with return shipping covered, just to see if it fits, but not necessarily planning 100% to keep it if it does fit?

Katrin

ZephyrBlue

Um, yes :eek: I've been a seat collector since I got pg w/DD#1 in 1999. I love having lots of seats to swap out and rotate, but mostly I really like having seats to match all of our possible scenarios. We are currently doing 2 carpools, and have our 3 kids (all in seats) to transport, and I've found that just having our regular seats isn't enough when I have to transport 5 kids and the other kids' seats aren't compatible w/what the seating arrangement has to be. Now that my 7.5yo is getting more reliable in a booster, I'm finding booster-buying to be lots of fun, because they're so much cheaper than $250-$300 convertibles, LOL!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC