Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dodge 2017 will have 8 passenger minivans!

I don't know the details, but my dealer just told me the news! Let's see if it will be more car seat friendly.
    12 and 11 - 5 Stepping;
    9 - Parkway SGL; 7 - FF Foonf;
    4 - FF Foonf; 7/15 RF Roundabout

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Dodge 2017 will have 8 passenger minivans!

Cool. Better not be an 8p Caravan . Funny how GM/Chevy quit making their 8p vans just as everyone else started. Sedona came out with a nice 8p version last year.

ETA: I'm laughing so hard now. Autoguide actually has people "spying" on Chrysler and following the prototype around. And, oh look, it looks exactly like that T&C in the background
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-revealed.html

17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Well, sources say they are improving 3rd row belt fit and adding tether anchors so that's hopeful.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 13, Bridget, 11, Maggie, 9, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

5. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    Well, sources say they are improving 3rd row belt fit and adding tether anchors so that's hopeful.
    It's likely to be very similar to the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, which is replacing the Town and Country.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/top-1...sler-pacifica/

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    I am so hopeful that this will be the case. I have been trying to convince my husband that a minivan would be the best option now that we have 4 children. Besides his general dislike for minivans, he also doesn't want to buy from foreign auto companies. Since Dodge/Chrysler is our only option for a minivan he would consider, we haven't gotten too far in our discussions.

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by pooh136 View Post
    I am so hopeful that this will be the case. I have been trying to convince my husband that a minivan would be the best option now that we have 4 children. Besides his general dislike for minivans, he also doesn't want to buy from foreign auto companies. Since Dodge/Chrysler is our only option for a minivan he would consider, we haven't gotten too far in our discussions.
    There is also the Ford Transit Connect. The 2016 TCs added tether anchors for the 3rd row.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

CPS Technician

I am pretty sure there is no new 2017 Dodge, just the Chrysler. Any Grand Caravan for 2017 should be the same old van since 2008, destined for fleets.

I was able to get into a Pacifica at the Detroit show for a few minutes before being ejected by uniformed security.
    The third row has two top tethers, one on the right 40% side, and the other in the middle of the 60%, halfway between the middle and left seat. I think the lower anchors are offset too, so - like the current van - using LATCH on the 60% side is strictly a one-person affair.

Subjectively, the third row felt a little wider than before, but not by a lot. I couldn't get a tape measure on it. The seats were more comfortable and at less of an angle. I didn't get into the one with the 2nd row center seat before the thugs showed up, but supposedly it has full LATCH. The seat looked most similar to what's in a Sedona.

And aporthole, are you sure the Transit Connect has 3rd row top tethers for 2016? It isn't in the first printing of the manual. Sure you're not thinking big Transit, which has twelve?

10. Thank You from:

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by PKung View Post
    I am pretty sure there is no new 2017 Dodge, just the Chrysler. Any Grand Caravan for 2017 should be the same old van since 2008, destined for fleets.

I was able to get into a Pacifica at the Detroit show for a few minutes before being ejected by uniformed security.
    The third row has two top tethers, one on the right 40% side, and the other in the middle of the 60%, halfway between the middle and left seat. I think the lower anchors are offset too, so - like the current van - using LATCH on the 60% side is strictly a one-person affair.

Subjectively, the third row felt a little wider than before, but not by a lot. I couldn't get a tape measure on it. The seats were more comfortable and at less of an angle. I didn't get into the one with the 2nd row center seat before the thugs showed up, but supposedly it has full LATCH. The seat looked most similar to what's in a Sedona.

And aporthole, are you sure the Transit Connect has 3rd row top tethers for 2016? It isn't in the first printing of the manual. Sure you're not thinking big Transit, which has twelve?
    Nope, the smaller Transit Connect added 3rd row TAs. Owner's manual printing 1 (pages 22, 23):
    http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_06_2015.pdf
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

CPS Technician

Also the HTML version here of the 2016 Transit Connect. http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...=EN&VIN=&div=f
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    Nope, the smaller Transit Connect added 3rd row TAs. Owner's manual printing 1 (pages 22, 23):
    http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_06_2015.pdf
    The table on page 26 makes it appear that installing a FF seat with both the seat belt AND lower anchors at the same time is just fine. Am I reading that correctly?

CPS Technician

Yes, it now looks like you can use the cargo tie-downs in the Transit Connect for third row tether anchors. Too bad they're in the way of stuff in the trunk, but it's a whole lot better than nothing.
    Sorry, I must have looking at a draft of the manual before.

tribord, I think Clek (? - somebody correct me) lets you add the seatbelt to the lower anchor. I guess I could see this being convenient when you hit the weight limit of LATCH, not needing to uninstall the seat.

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by tribord View Post

The table on page 26 makes it appear that installing a FF seat with both the seat belt AND lower anchors at the same time is just fine. Am I reading that correctly?
    Yes, but remember the car seat also has to approve this. Clek Foonf forward facing and the base of the Nuna Pipa are the only two off the top of my head that allow it.
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    Yes, but remember the car seat also has to approve this. Clek Foonf forward facing and the base of the Nuna Pipa are the only two off the top of my head that allow it.
    I know that, but the wording of the TC manual implies it is fine to install any FF seat with both seat belt and LATCH, and I can see how it might confuse the average user. I think there should be some clarification in there. Hopefully people are also reading their car seat manuals!!

Anyway, I apologize for taking this thread off-topic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

We will have a preview next Wednesday. Here's a teaser:

http://carseatblog.com/37243/

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren View Post
    We will have a preview next Wednesday. Here's a teaser:

http://carseatblog.com/37243/
    Hahahahaha!! Too funny!
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tribord View Post
    Ford has been doing this for years. I've rarely seen it cause confusion- mostly because people rarely read the manual. (they also note only if allowed by the manufacturer.)

As manufacturers of car seats start to allow this I expect more manufacturers of vehicles will as well.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 13, Bridget, 11, Maggie, 9, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

21. Thank You from:

Thanks Darren! But what's with the recycling of the Pacifica name? Way to confuse people. Are they friends with Graco?

23. Thank You from:

Good question- maybe they figured not many people remembered the Old Chrysler Pacifica? And I don't see a lot of Diono Pacifica carseats. In fact, I think I've seen one come in for a check. Usually they are Radians or Rainiers.

It's not like the Town & Country had a negative connotation for people, except maybe carseat advocates in regard to the third row seat!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, eBay, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2017, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Keeanh View Post
    Are they friends with Graco?

Wasn't that an Evenflo Symohony in the review pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, RF in a 4Ever and a Scenera Next
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag