Please help me decide on our next seat before I drive DH crazy

kidrepair

Why can't I just pick a seat and be done already? DD is now 4 and rf until her 4th bday in October. She is now ff in our beloved Radian and is almost even with the second set of slots from the top. I'm so sad because it expires this month😩. I love it ff but I can't afford a new one and don't think it's worth the cost for just a few more years of harness use. We've had a Nautilus in the past and at the time it was ok.dd2 didn't sleep much so head flop didn't happen often but it was so dang heavy and bulky that I'm not sure I want to go there again. I'm looking at the Defender,Graco Tranzitions and maybe the Atlas. Could probably swing a Pioneer but I've heard it doesn't install well in some cars.

DD is 4y almost 3m and was 33.2lbs and 39.5in in October and my scale now says 34. This will primarily ride in the passenger side second row of an 04 Sienna but might occasionally have to fit in 3rd row if possible. Any suggestions or thoughts on these seats? I'm hoping to find her last seat. Or any seats that I haven't thought of? I was so excited when Evenflo came out with the Transitions until I saw one at Walmart and couldn't believe how much the headrest tilted down,I'm really surprised at the decent reviews. Thanks in advance

ADS

chelsi82

I <3 <3 the Defender!!! That said, we own 2 Graco Argos seats, similar to Nautilus and like them too. Theres not much room left in my vans 3rd row with 2 of them back there, though.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

kidrepair

I <3 <3 the Defender!!! That said, we own 2 Graco Argos seats, similar to Nautilus and like them too. Theres not much room left in my vans 3rd row with 2 of them back there, though. Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

That was what I was leaning to at first because I've read it's the most like the Radian but she's never had a drink holder and it's a pain having to hand her drinks all the time and the Defender's looks so flimsy. I know,silly reason to overlook a seat for. So what are your thoughts,will the drink holder hold up for years?

Holly

I'm really loving the Tranzitions (I don't own one) and unless something else comes out that I like better, I want one when my youngest is FF.
He's in a radian now that will expire when he's 4.

kidrepair

I'm really loving the Tranzitions (I don't own one) and unless something else comes out that I like better, I want one when my youngest is FF. He's in a radian now that will expire when he's 4.

I was so excited when this came out. I've been saying all along that I've wanted essentially a booster with a harness rather than a harnessed seat that turns into a booster but when I checked it out at BRU I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be but it might be the best option for my tall skinny one with decent cup holders.

kidrepair

I just found out that a friend of a friend has a Frontier 85. She's going to check the date and I know she's very safety conscious, her 8 yr old grandson that she has custody of is still in a high back Parkway. Obviously I'll need to check on accidents etc. but will it install well in a Sienna's captains chair? And if it works out hopefully I can find a pink cover(hers is blue) since it looks like Britax is out of any replacement covers.

Last edited:

kidrepair

I <3 <3 the Defender!!! That said, we own 2 Graco Argos seats, similar to Nautilus and like them too. Theres not much room left in my vans 3rd row with 2 of them back there, though. Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I ended up ordering the Defender today. My main drawback truthfully was the drink holder. She really wants one and the Defender's looks flimsy. So hopefully we'll love it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC