New Graco Booster

LGG

Has anyone reviewed the new Graco booster at BRU? I saw it a few days ago and measured the height against a turbobooster that they also had. The new Affix/Turbobooster LX appeared to be at least 2 inches taller at the belt path. I was wondering if anyone has opinions on this booster.

Last edited:
ADS

kidrepair

I would be interested to know too. DD3 loves her TBSS but it's raised to its limit so she doesn't have long left. She is 9 and not tiny so could go backless but still sleeps on trips and loves her wings and says she would prefer to stay with a high back.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I like the butt padding a LOT better than the other Gracos, and the headwings seem to have a more sleep-supportive shape than the Turbos. Didn't notice it was taller, that's pretty cool. No, I don't think there's a posted review anywhere, that I've seen yet, I just like it on the shelf compared to the cheaper models.

MamaChirpy

I am testing one out now. I'm trying to install in the Captain's chair and also on the back bench seat of my 2008 Suburban.

The padding/fabric is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Athena

Thanks for sharing about this new seat!

2"? I don't suppose that makes it taller than the PKWY my DD is on the top click for? Keeping my eye out for her next booster, hoping for something new and taller to come out. Does this only come in boring black?

featherhead

I am testing one out now. I'm trying to install in the Captain's chair and also on the back bench seat of my 2008 Suburban.

The padding/fabric is very nice.

I have an almost 6 year old I am trying to find a good booster for. This is her this morning.

Looks better than the other seats for sure!

MamaChirpy

Looks better than the other seats for sure!

I like it pretty well as a booster. After this morning of trying that one and the Recaro again, the Recaro's lap belt fit is better and the Tranzitions' shoulder belt fit is better. I think we are going to harness another 6 months and then see where we are. [emoji4]

I will tell you that if you are going to install this seat, it will depend on your vehicle. I have leather seats and it was so slippery even with a car seat mat under it. The ridiculously high belt path made installing with both latch and the seat belt pretty difficult. And I call myself pretty good at installing seats. [emoji16] So I don't know if I will keep it or return it. The very nice thing is that you can reach under the fabric on the back to access the seat belt when you are installing it.

featherhead

I like it pretty well as a booster. After this morning of trying that one and the Recaro again, the Recaro's lap belt fit is better and the Tranzitions' shoulder belt fit is better. I think we are going to harness another 6 months and then see where we are. [emoji4]

I will tell you that if you are going to install this seat, it will depend on your vehicle. I have leather seats and it was so slippery even with a car seat mat under it. The ridiculously high belt path made installing with both latch and the seat belt pretty difficult. And I call myself pretty good at installing seats. [emoji16] So I don't know if I will keep it or return it. The very nice thing is that you can reach under the fabric on the back to access the seat belt when you are installing it.

Even the Tranzitions lap belt fit is good. Harnessing for another 6 months is fine as well, but I would have no problem with her in the Tranzitions.

Baylor

It looks wider in the body?? Does anyone have max height and weight?
I need one for carrying friends childrens here and there. I am down to a Monterey now.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is this the same seat but from target?
http://m.target.com/p/graco-highback-turbobooster-car-seat-with-safety-surround-anchor/-/A-46787298

I need to replace a vivo by the end of the year and am trying to decide what I want. It will be a back up seat for the most part but could be used for any kids I watch that isn't ready for a nbb.

Yeah, looks like the BRU version just has extra side impact cushions on the outside. I think this seat has been quite well liked, the extra head foam makes it better for sleeping, I guess the basic shell is the same as the Affix, which is a bit deeper than the Turbo for the legs.

momtoo3

Yeah, looks like the BRU version just has extra side impact cushions on the outside. I think this seat has been quite well liked, the extra head foam makes it better for sleeping, I guess the basic shell is the same as the Affix, which is a bit deeper than the Turbo for the legs.

I didn't even pay attention to the outside cushions! I guess I need the target version as it needs to fit 3 across and it is more likely to work.
I have 2 trade in seats sitting in storage and don't need anything. I WANT a purple rxt or rainier but don't actually need one at this time. And I have no idea if my BRU will order one with the 25% off. I was thinking of getting this turbo/Affix but I'll wait for now.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Depending on the vehicle, though, three across is pretty impossible with even a regular turbo or affix, they are just so boxy you can't get a hand in there to buckle. A minivan three across would probably be fine, though.

ETA: minivan middle row with captain's chairs, so more spread out

momtoo3

Depending on the vehicle, though, three across is pretty impossible with even a regular turbo or affix, they are just so boxy you can't get a hand in there to buckle. A minivan three across would probably be fine, though.

It's a 03 caravan in the 3rd row. No matter what I put there it's hard to buckle. I currently have a rf next in the center with a vivo on one side and a hi rise/ambassador on the other. It works but I have to lean over the second row to slide my hand between and buckle. I have a sureride that fits ff where the next is now and the vivo barely puzzles in. I wonder how this turbo/affix would fit in place of the vivo. The side wings may not work if they are more forward than the vivo.

Eta...my favorite 3 across booster is the cosco hi rise or ambassador. The shape around the armrest makes it easy to get a hand in to buckle.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm.. tough call. Vivo is narrow but definitely has those big huge lap belt guides/armrests to dig around... Harmony Dreamtime is really narrow, but also really short (V2.0 is taller than the original, which I've seen pictures of 7 yo's too tall for the back, so I'm not sure how much taller, probably not Vivo-tall). At least Turbos/Affixes are easy to find/try/return at a lot of stores, or from a lot of neighbors, even.

momtoo3

Hmmm.. tough call. Vivo is narrow but definitely has those big huge lap belt guides/armrests to dig around... Harmony Dreamtime is really narrow, but also really short (V2.0 is taller than the original, which I've seen pictures of 7 yo's too tall for the back, so I'm not sure how much taller, probably not Vivo-tall). At least Turbos/Affixes are easy to find/try/return at a lot of stores, or from a lot of neighbors, even.

Yep! Target is like 3 minutes away. A regular turbo looks like it will fit by playing with one and the Sureride at target but I haven't tried it in the van. I'm a fan of bigger headrests. I don't like the regular turbo and evenflo head rests but it may be what works.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC