Things about the Pipa

cookie123

Has anyone had vehicle incompatibility issues?
What stroller did you use with it?
Is it more compact and narrow, or a more generous sized - height longevity

ADS

Keeanh

I don't have one, but played with one. It's on the narrow side, but not especially narrow. It's about the same as a lot of other infant seats, I think around 16.5 - 17" at the handle. It seemed roomy enough inside. There were weird foam bulges at the top of the shell, though. I don't know if that's just the Canadian version. The real plus to the dimensions seemed to be the tall narrow base. It looked like it would work better than most beside booster seats.

It was incompatible with my FOTB seatbelts in the Express. But most seats are. The belt path on the base is very close to the front, so if you were using it with FOTB seat belts, I would try before buying. The belt guides on the seat itself were also on the forward side, but not too bad. I ended up getting a Peg Perego because both the base & baseless worked with my seatbelts.

jordansmom

I have one and love it!

Daughter is just now outgrowing it by height at 18 months.

They've changed a few minor things since I first bought ours and for the better. Cover was prone to small rips in one particular spot, but they redesigned that area and I don't think it's a problem anymore. When it happened to ours, customer service happily replaced my cover at their cost. They also moved the required safety labels so they are no longer right at baby's face.

I believe it works with any stroller using maxi cosi adapters. I used ours with a universal snap and go. I also placed it on my valco trimode using the bumper bar and universal stroller straps over it like you would use in a baseless install. Mostly I use a baby carrier or bassinet though on strollers.

Install with rigid latch was beyond easy in '14 Ody and '05 bmw x5. Comes with latch guides for really recessed latch anchors but I did not use them. Sometimes the load leg was finicky if I needed to adjust it, but you just have to find the sweet spot squeezing the buttons.

Baseless install with euro routing also super easy!

Canopy on it is great with a young baby. Dream drape is useless once they are able to grab it though;).

Overall I have no complaints on the seat. Very pleased with quality of materials and customer service. I'm a big fan of load legs and think they are a safety feature worth having if possible.

Keeanh

I'm curious -- does yours have hard foam bulges on either side of the head area near the top of the shell?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well why don't you tell me about it then? Same questions apply!

About the Aton 2?

I haven't really encountered any vehicle incompatibility. The level indicator is this little ball that can get staticky and suddenly look like it's in the wrong range. The base is really easy to install, but it can take a couple tries with the belt tensioning plate to make sure that enough slack is removed without removing too much and making it difficult to close. (We use latch.) It doesn't have a color indicator when the load leg is in the proper position -- I know that the Pipa does, and I think that's a nice feature. I have yet to be able to install it side-by-side with any other seats -- although the base often fits just fine, the carrier handle (which must be "up") is just wide enough to cause problems.

As far as strollers, anything with maxi cosi adapters should work. We use it on the BJCM and the Valco Snap Duo and it is very secure and easy.

I love that it has the LSP. It makes me feel much more secure about needing it to be installed outboard. That is the main reason I am happy I have it (over the Pipa).

The canopy on the Aton 2 isn't awesome, though. When the Pipa first came out I drooled over that dream drape.

Euro routing makes my heart sing.

The Cybex seats are super compact front to back. No other infant-reclined seat that we've tried provides as much room for a front seat passenger/driver. My daughter outgrew the shell height around 1 year old. I hear that they are supposed to be narrow side-to-side but, as I mentioned, I wasn't ever able to install it next to another seat. Maybe I am doing something wrong...

Oh and the Cybex seats are so pretty and colorful! We get so many compliments and questions about it when we are out and have it on our stroller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks. G is petite, right? I expect a big baby that is long torsoed if it takes after its dad. :)

Yeah. That's the main drawback. Even so, I think we were ready to transition her to a convertible before she officially outgrew it. Once the weather was warm enough, we were ready to have a stay-in-car car seat. The Aton is a difficult seat to leave in the car, which I know a lot of people do with other infant seats once the baby still fits the seat but they don't feel the need to regularly remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2ari

I don't love mine. I feel like it is narrow inside, and the harness straps seem much shorter than my old SS1. I am not a fan of the canopy either because it velcros to the back of the seat. I don't think it opens and closes very smoothly? It seems to me that if it were a couple inches taller it would be much easier. The seat release is on the base, which takes some getting used to, and I still don't really care for. I feel it makes it harder to get the seat out than my SS1 was, because you can't use both arms to get the seat out. I have to use one hand to release the seat, then rock the seat on the base and reposition my hand to get the seat to lift out. This may not be as big of an issue outboard, but mine is installed in the center of the 2nd row of my oddy. The dream drape would be much better if it clipped to the seat rather than the magnets it uses.

I do love the ease of install with the base though! Super easy!

I haven't ever used mine with a stroller, so I can't answer that part.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC