Colton hates FF!!!

chelle80

I know, I know:eek: , we had to use Chris' truck to go T or T tonight and i have the cargo in there for CJ (before i get flamed to bad, its only in there in case something happens and DH has him, i always have my car, so if CJ isn't with me he has to have a seat). So, anyway,it was the first time he has rode FF and he did nothing but scream, i mean all out screaming and crying so hard he lost his breath.

I will be so glad to get the scenera from our insurance company(they sell them for $25) so i can RF him on the front seat. It's a 96 Dakota so no front passenger airbag.

I just thought y'all would get a kick out of CJ hating FF, since a lot of parents say their kid hates RF. :D

ADS

Mom to a few

Just remember to tell that story to people when they tell you how mean you are for not letting your baby FF!!

Our 3rd (almost 3 yrs old) rode FF for the first time a few weeks ago (because of a diaper malfunction--and the cover wasn't 100% dry yet when we needed to run out the door the next morning). I quickly adjusted the Safeguard for him, and off we went. He cried ALL THE WAY there. Our other kids were trying to encourage him, but it just made him more upset. Secretly, I was actually quite happy with that reaction--I was more scared that he would love it, and insist on riding that way all the time!! However, on the way home, he DID love it!! He kept saying, "I can see you, Daddy!!" and "I do like 'C's seat!! I do, I do!!" I was concerned that he wouldn't be happy with his seat RF after that, but he never complained at all. It's funny how kid's reactions aren't always quite what WE would think they'd be. That's why it always annoys me when parents refuse to RF, etc because they just *know* exactly how their child will feel. I think until you try something, you don't really know how they'll feel...and even with that, the "feeling" can change from one day to the next. I hope you are able to get your new seat soon!! :)

skaterbabs

Joyjoy hated FF too, and cried constantly. Since our spare seat at the time had a lower RF limit than our primary seat, we had no choice but to FF for some trips. She was miserable every time.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I agree with the others, but also wish to add that Leila suffered real back pain from lack of leg support FF -- foot support helped her finally stop freaking out to the point that the driver was very distracted :eek::eek: So, sometimes it's not just the change in environment/experience, but a true physical problem :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC