Lots of questions re: Kid-Y harness

U

Unregistered

http://www.ezonpro.com/products/familyVehicle/kidY.shtml

I see that it's from 30-80 lbs. Anyone seen this, or used it? How tall is the high back booster? What would you think about putting a 2.5yo in it (he's 35 lbs)? How wide is it? How well would it work in a 3-in-a-row situation?

It's selling new, on e-bay for about $125 before shipping, is that a good price?

I'm trying REALLY HARD to avoid buying another marathon, it's just not in our budget (but then $125 isn't cheap either!). We have two vehicles that have lap only belts in the middle seats, and we won't be buying a vehicle that doesn't for years (if ever),

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
We have it!

Unfortunately, I don't know how much it cost because my dad bought it ... after he saw how easy the 86-Y is that only cost about $45-$50. I doubt the Kid-Y had to have been much more expensive because he's not the kind to spend a lot of money. I do know he got it from the same guy I did: the local distributor for school bus safety items. I got that number from the 1-800 customer service on the E-Z-On site.

My daughter is turning 3 in a couple weeks ~ she's 30# 40" & barely fits. She really likes it & literally screams with delight: "I'm SAFE I'm safe safe safe!" {LOL} Didn't even do that in her beloved Wizard :p The booster is tall enough that it goes about as far up as the headrests ... she's got PLENTY of room to grow in it ~ about as much as in the Husky. I'd say she fits it almost as well as she does the Husky {we have that, too}. It's just easier to move around if you need to!

My only advice would be to make sure the lap belt is tightened before you tighten the harness straps ~ you don't want the harnes to pull the lap belt up too high. Also, have you made sure that your dealer will install the tether anchor?

Is your kiddo tall? Have you tried an Airway {I think that's what it's called} with a harness weight limit of 50 pounds ... after which you could simply buy the 86-Y, which might be a better long-term investment since it holds kids 40-168 pounds {although it doesn't provide head support}.

Last edited:

trishlynne

THOROUGHLY confused....

Here's the dimensions: Booster Dimensions: 24 in x 17in x 5in (61cm x 43.2cm x 12.7cm)

FIVE inches? I mean...I'm looking at the picture. It sure looks wider, deeper and taller than FIVE inches. :confused:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
L x W x H

I'm guessing they either measured the seat back with it lying down or 5" is the base without the back {it can be used with or without the back} :rolleyes:

BeachMama

I am looking into the EZ-On products too. We have a very small backseat and I don't think any carseats or boosters will fit in there (we're looking into the 86-Y for one of our kids...still unsure about the younger one and what to do). I have an email in to our local distributor and am waiting for a response.

I believe the Airway is about $100. It can be used with the harness from 22-50lbs and converts to a high back booster for 30-80lbs (which obviously won't do you any good with lap belts).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The Nania Airway has been discontued & Combi will be selling a "revised" {improved?} version called the Acadia ... due for sale sometime between March & May ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC