Extend2Fit installs

MelodyoftheForest

Today I got to play with my friend's new E2F! I thought we could use a thread for installs. All pictures below are on the driver side second row seat in a 2016 Honda Pilot with leather seats. It installed easily with both the lap/shoulder belt with locked retractor and with LATCH.

First we have my friend's son, who would like to be identified as "Michelangelo" with the seat extender all the way out. He is 7 years old, about 47" and 50 lbs. He has a long torso and a large head. He is comfortable with the outer buckle position, or at least he didn't complain. The shoulder straps are at or slightly over his shoulders at the second highest position. One notch down caused the headwings to push on his shoulders. The hat is much higher than his head, so he really does have at least 1" between his head and the bottom of the adjuster. I had to move the second row back a couple inches. The E2F is lightly brushing the front seat.

Next we have R who is 15 months old, 25 lbs, and 31". Installed with LATCH. the legroom extender is in the shortest extended position. The vehicle seat is in the same position as for the previous install to show the difference in space it takes up. The extender must be out at least this far for children over 40 lbs.

Edit: Sorry the pictures are huge. Not sure how to fix that.

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow! A 7 year old! What did "Michelangelo" think of the overall comfort of the seat? What seat does he normally ride in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MelodyoftheForest

He wasn't talking much because he didn't really want to be there, but said it felt OK. He usually is in a backless booster. Turbo I think. Yes, they have the screws!

lgenne

Wow! Long torso, large head, not heavyset at all, and he's still outgrowing it by weight. That's pretty awesome.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow! Long torso, large head, not heavyset at all, and he's still outgrowing it by weight. That's pretty awesome.

Agreed! I wish he were happier in it! It would be so awesome if a RF seat could actually last a kid that long instead of being outgrown by "social stigma."

Keeyamah

I believe it is 49"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, if it is, my 6 yr old would still fit by height (possibly, he was 48" at his well child check) but he's at or over the weight limit, like the Mikey (your 7 yr old model [emoji1]). We have a pair of ninja turtle fans in the house as well (2 pairs technically, mom and dad like it as well, the older versions).

MelodyoftheForest

Ok, I talked to Michelangelo again today, and he said that the seat was indeed comfortable. He did not like that he couldn't lean forward because of the harness, but that is to be expected with a kid who outgrew his harnessed seat at age 4. His parents told me that they need to make the seat less upright for R, who had major head slump when he fell asleep in the seat. We had installed it at the most upright recline setting, and the ball was in the far end of the blue part of the indicator from the newborn area. R also has a big head, so this may or may not be an issue for other kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

griffinej5

Anyone know how it plays with the clones? How about a dog crate? Front to back room compared to a clone? Not that we need it... But I want it so bad. One of my nieces just turned 5. We turned her about 6 months ago, but she's a bit under 40lbs and was 42 inches in shoes around Christmas. She could go rear facing again for probably 2 more years. I just don't need it. Maybe I could pass the oldest seat in the house on to a friend who's having a baby as an extra, and that would totally justify it. I mean , I do have the 2 year old niece who could use it after that.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Regarding front-to-back room compared to a clone, I snapped these photos last week:

8bde9eb8f066e4b9ed745a61153aa17f.jpg
071684f8bf662aa0a8cf413c793e9fd7.jpg

You can see that the fully-extended headrest takes up a little more room on the clone than the fully-extended headrest on the E2F with the legroom extension fully extended.

lgenne

I suspect that would depend on a lot of factors. The recline on each of them, as well as how extends the extension panel is. It moves things up to 5 inches!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
How well does the harness adjust when it is installed? Does this seat have the Graco "roller bar" feature? Does the extension panel make it easier to access and pull on the harness adjuster strap?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I checked it out at Target again today. I don't think it has the "roller bar" thing -- the Milestone was easier to adjust and it kind of clicked as I pulled on it, whereas the E2F didn't.

MotoMommaNH

I did it. Bought an E2F. It's love so far. ❤

Install was simple and left bunches of room for a front seat passenger even at recline 3 (footrest is first click out) in hubby's '10 Accord. Feels comfy to me and my 5 year old is jealous and now wants one. Sorry dude 😜

uploadfromtaptalk1453689071936.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

melissa621

I did it. Bought an E2F. It's love so far. ❤

Install was simple and left bunches of room for a front seat passenger even at recline 3 (footrest is first click out) in hubby's '10 Accord. Feels comfy to me and my 5 year old is jealous and now wants one. Sorry dude 😜

View attachment 28015

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Ah. I'm jealous. I ordered one from Kohls last week, and it hasn't shipped yet. :eek:

I'm hoping it fits well in the center of my Outback. I guess we'll see. DS is almost 3, so I'll probably have the foot rest all the way out. Hopefully it fits, but I haven't had much of a problem fitting almost any seat in the center position. I am REALLY hoping it makes loading/unloading DS a bit easier. It was fine when he climbed in his Nextfit, but now I'm wrestling him in because for some reason, he thinks it's acceptable for him to sit in a regular seatbelt. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC