Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Seat that will fit down the aisle for RF 23 mo?

What seats actually fit down the airplane aisles?

We just flew with our 4.5 yo and 23 mo and used their seats from our car - Diono Ranier FF for 4.5 yo, and Maxi-Cosi Pria RF for the 23mo. The Ranier was bungie corded to a luggage cart and I could wheel it down the aisle behind me and it worked well. The Pria was too wide for the aisle, so hubby had to pick the whole thing up above his head to get it down the aisle to the back of the plane where we were. It fit fine RF in the seats, but just the process of getting it down the aisle was such an ordeal.

We are flying again in 2 weeks and I would like a seat that will fit to roll down the aisle. I'm looking into the Cosco Scenera Next, and I know it's a highly rated travel seat, but can anyone speak to it's ability to actually fit rolling down the aisle?

Thanks in advance! Much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Seat that will fit down the aisle for RF 23 mo?

We flew with an Evenflo Maestro and SureRide and neither fit. I'm at least glad they were super light when we had to lift them up over the seats & heads of other passengers!
    Allie, Mom to
    DS (1.6.2012) riding in a Frontier
    DD (2.2.2014) riding in a 4Ever & Boulevard

Carseat Crazy

I don't think a Next would fit down the aisle, but it's so light it wouldn't be anywhere near the hassle that the Pria was. I'm pretty sure the only seat that fits down the aisle are Dionos.

Carseat Crazy
    It really kinda depends on the plane. I flew an Allegiant plane once and I swear you could have rolled a Nautilus or Frontier down the aisle with room to spare.

We also just flew with Jet Blue on one of their tiny planes (only 2 seats on each side) and I was able to roll a Nautilus down the aisle. Just barely, but it worked. There's really no telling until you get in the plane.

Senior Community Member rxmommy's Avatar
    We've taken a Roundabout and been able to roll it down the aisle in a few planes and not in others. We tend to be stuck flying on small planes that it doesn't matter. Nothing rolls down the aisle. Love flying with the Roundabout though.
    Annie, mommy to...
    Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel #3 10/08,
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

Quote Originally Posted by brooksfamily View Post
    I don't think a Next would fit down the aisle, but it's so light it wouldn't be anywhere near the hassle that the Pria was. I'm pretty sure the only seat that fits down the aisle are Dionos.
    Fwiw, the Clek convertible seats fit.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Michelle