Day 2 of class

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Well we didn't get through all that was on the schedule...but we were behind yesterday too.

We did the intro to CRS and then the first skills assessment. Then came in had lunch and took Quiz number 2. Then we FINALLY got into RF seats/installations. We got played with the seats inside...and tomorrow we will install them.

And get this...they PUSHED ERF!!! I was soooo excited. They said not to even mention the minimum FF requirements! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

I'm having a hard time holding back because they only give you a taste..and then get into more detail later.

Susan

ADS

IsasMom

Hi "classmate"!
Our second day went well We're actually a bit ahead of schedule right now:p Nice to get to chatting about the seats. Especially nice to get to play! We did some inside skills labs then out to our cars to install as many ways as possible.
FF minimums were definitely discussed but ERF is encouraged. The instructor said he was happy to see the change in curriculum to better match AAP.
Still calling HWH "special needs" though. Guess the instructors are kinda stuck with that in the curriculum. I'm hoping when we see "real kids" at our check students will see how practical ERF is!

scatterbunny

SO GLAD to hear they are pushing ERF now! :love: I got the old curriculum when I was certified in March, but my instructors were great and did talk about ERF and HWH (not sure if they would have discussed HWHs as much if myself and one other Husky owner hadn't been there, though).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC