Question Harness booster

Trit

I had a maxi cosi 70 and was rear ended, I'm looking to replace it with a harness booster. I got the Britax Pinnacle clicktight G1.1. I had major issues with the harness not tightening down enough on my son and he unclipped the chest buckle within 30 seconds of being in the seat the first time, which he has never done before in any seat. There was also 2 screws in the bottom of the clicktight base that I couldn't find where they belonged. I took it back and got the maxi cosi 85* because I loved the 70 so much. My thought was to get a year or so longer in harness would be great, my son will be 4 March 2016, but has always been at or above 100% in height and weight. He's been around 40 lbs for about 18 mths, he's about 45-48 inches he has never slowed on height. The cosi 70 still fit him fine, but the maxi cosi 85 will not..... If I get it to harness to somewhat there's about 2-3 inches of tightening strap left to pull. I'm looking for one that will fit in harness mode for a while, but also like the addition of the side impact protection. Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

AllieK

At 48" there are few seats that will harness him. The Britax Frontier & Pinnacle (almost identical seats) and the Evenflo Sureride are the only ones I know of.

We have both the Frontier and the Sureride for my 45lb 45" 4 year old. I love the Frontier. My son can easily buckle and unbuckle the harness, I don't see that as a problem because he has the maturity not to do it at inappropriate times. The SureRide is harder for him to unbuckle.

The harness on the Frontier does take a tug, tug, tug action to tighten, but I have never had an issue getting it tight enough. You should be checking for tightness at the collar bone only, if I recall correctly what the Britax rep told me.

I'm not sure what you mean by screws in the bottom of the Clicktight base, I've never seen that on either of the 2 Frontiers we own. Maybe someone else can chime in regarding that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC