Infant Car Seat or Clek Foonf with Infant Thingy??

U

Unregistered

We are a couple weeks out from our third baby and have a Clek Foonf with the Infant Thingy. My almost 5 year old and my 3 year old also have Clek Fount's and we've been extremely happy with them. I purchased the third Foonf without really thinking too much about it after learning that they had an Infant Thingy to fit infants from 5 lbs up. But, now I am thinking about it so much more. With three kids, the convenience of having an infant seat that I can leave the baby in to take in and out of the car seems very appealing when I sit and think about it. I think more so because it's extremely cold and I am trying to imagine myself just carrying a newborn wrapped up and trying to get them all in the car with my hands tied up and buckling in the newborn while still needing to buckle the other two, etc. We are in a Land Rover LR4, so they are three in a row and even getting my oldest in the middle (she is the only one forward facing, so I was under the impression she should be in the middle) and reaching her to buckle is difficult in general. I am beginning to second guess myself and the choice to use the convertible.

So, what are your thoughts? If I am least concerned with price, most concerned with safety and semi concerned with convenience, what would you do? AND -- if you would go with an infant seat, which would you recommend as the safest infant seat as far as performance in crash tests?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ADS

Dillipop

I've liked having my infant seat with #4. Having the ability to drag him into preschool drop off in his seat while he is asleep has been wonderful. His seat rarely leaves the car but it's really nice to have the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC