Which would you choose: 4Ever, Boulevard, Nextfit

rin2809

Curious what everyone would choose/recommend for a tall 7 month old as a next step after a Keyfit Infant seat. The vehicle will be a newer model Jeep Grand Cherokee. Budget isn't a huge factor, but they would like to stay around $300 or less.

Anything else in the price range you would recommend more? I was thinking maybe a Milestone.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Of those 3, I would choose the Nextfit.

I would get the Milestone in a heartbeat, though. And if you can wait for the Extend2Fit, I think that would be a great option for a taller child to have a little more legroom for extended rear-facing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gigi

Boulevard CT. My 90+% height 4.5 y.o. is still harnessed in hers and will be until she can sit in a booster. I think she would still fit RFing too. The seat is fairly slim too, it doesn't take up the whole back seat.

I LOVE the G4.1 Boulevard, LOVE IT. But my very tall daughter will likely outgrow the harness before she can be in a booster full time ( she is at the point that I am checking every time she rides in it to see if the harness is still above her shoulders).

If this child is heavy as well as tall and is likely to continue to be heavy, you might want a wider seat though.

meljc

We have 3 Nextfits and I like them, but the harness adjuster (especially for lower headrest settings) isn't as smooth as I'd like. However, it has another 2" of seat depth over the other two. My son RF in it until 4yo and never looked cramped (more a comfort issue than a safety issue of course, but he might have complained and demanded to FF sooner in a seat with less legroom). The high sides of the seat can be a little difficult to work with, though a little after 2 my son started climbing in on his own in our CR-V so it became less of a nuisance. Both installation options for the NF are very easy.

If I was choosing a different seat, I'd probably get the 4ever if I could get a good deal on it (many got them for ~$140 at Target over thanksgiving weekend!). The only feature it's missing in my book is a lock-off, but otherwise it looks like a very nice option and, at the right price, a great value. My BIL got one and said that the harness adjuster is easier than the Nextfit. Just keep in mind the shallower seat pan (same goes for the Milestone).

The Blvd looks very nice, but it's a pricey seat and I've heard of quite a few people having difficulty with the CT panel. Obviously you're not supposed to use LATCH, but those who do use it don't like the hooks.

ETA: check your target for 4ever. Many people bought online on BF but might start returning to stores. Online returns are often marked down dramatically!

ETA2: If you're looking to buy online, probably the cheapest place to buy is Albee. It's a reputable shop with b&m locations in NY. Free shipping, no sales tax for you. Nextfit and Milestone are both $240 using coupon JAN20. http://myaccount.albeebaby.com/mod_referralRewards/welcome.php?referralCode=RFRHXL

lgenne

I'd get a Milestone over the 4Ever. It's narrower, and I don't care at all about any of the features of the 4Ever over the Milestone. (I love my Milestone.)

I'd also wait for the Extend2Fit to decide whether it should be on the list.

rin2809

Thank you all for the advice. I will pass the information along to the friends that are looking. I told them to stop by the store and check them all out in person and in their vehicle. Pretty sure if it were me, I would go with the Nextfit.

I had a baby recently and am totally out of the loop. When are they predicting the Extend2Fit to be released?
Posted via Mobile Device

lgenne

This month sometime. It's a Target exclusive, already on the website, just not actually available to order.

Mattkarn

I have all three and I am currently using the Graco 4Ever over the Boulevard and Nextfit. He has much more space overall in the Graco and just seems more comfy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC