Sureride, My Ride and Next questions

momtoo3

Same questions for all three seats...

Can they touch the seat in front when rf?

Can they be installed more upright rf for an older child?
I couldn't find anything in the Sureride manual and didn't look up the my ride manual. I know the Next can be installed more upright.

I'm trying to find a three across for the 3rd row of my van that I like.
The Sureride fits rf with a vivo and and cruiser fix on either side but it won't be fun to buckle. It fits ff with the vivo but not the cruiser fix because of where the side wing hits. I can get a smaller booster or maybe use a nbb there if it comes down to it.
I just ordered a My Ride and a couple of Nexts to try too. I could get a Rainier if I need too...especially if it is determined that a purple one will do what I need it to ;).

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My understanding is that the SureRide cannot be installed more upright than the level line. I don't know about the my ride.

As far as I know, none of them can touch the front seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kel

The MR is always my go to seat for a tight 3 across. My dd is 3 yrs 10 mos and the MR is her favorite seat. We switched a month or two ago to a FR 85 and she's still asking for her MR lol.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
SureRide no (level line,) MyRide yes (rolling ball, gets you a few degrees difference,) Next yes (as upright as you can smash it, although I can't say I'd recommend it.)

I don't believe any of them can touch.

momtoo3

The MR is always my go to seat for a tight 3 across. My dd is 3 yrs 10 mos and the MR is her favorite seat. We switched a month or two ago to a FR 85 and she's still asking for her MR lol.

It is my go to 3 across seat too! We used one for ds3 in between a booster and either another booster or a GN in a Malibu.

I bought the Sureride for $50 on clearance at target today. I have the MR and 2 Nexts coming by next week. I don't need them until at least next week, maybe the following week. I played with the MR and sureride at meijer tonight because they had both. I *think* the MR may be better than the Sureride for what I need. I have no idea about the Next.

AllieK

I thought touching was okay, bracing was not...? I move the passenger seat back until it just barely touches our Sureride, should I not be doing that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Hmmm, maybe? I always tell my families to leave a touch of space and not "mash" the seats against each other. Thought it was no touch but I've been wrong before!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I looked through the Sureride manual and didn't see anything specific about it....my understanding has always been that unless the seat and vehicle manufacturer both allow bracing, you need to have some amount of space between the passenger vehicle seat back and the car seat headrest. I could be wrong, though! Maybe this is more the kind of thing that vehicle manuals stipulate rather than seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nisky18

Most communities have police departments with a carseat safety division where individual officers are trained in car seat tech issues and can actually assist in proper placement and use in most vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

momtoo3

Well the Sureride isn't braced but definitely leans on the second row seat. It was also slightly more upright than line level to ground. I left it installed overnight and it left small indentations on the second row seat.

The Myride rested on it less but I couldn't get the ball in the blue all the way. It didn't work ff between the vivo and cruiser fix like I hoped. I was so sure it would. It would work if I replaced the boosters but that isn't something I want to do at this time. Ds3 is in a performance booster in dh's truck and in a nbb the very rare times he is in my van. I don't need another booster. I was thinking about getting a kidfit to replace the soon to expire vivo but I'm pretty sure it won't fit either. I'd rather find a seat I like that dd can use in the near future too if needed.

The Next fits awesome rf. It doesn't touch the 2nd row seat but could possibly if a kid were in it. I will try tomorrow. I could get it more upright to fix that though. I was just hoping for a seat that would last ff too.

I'm thinking I will use a next for now and hang onto the Sureride just in case. I could end up with different kids at any point and need a ff seat that fits even if I have to get a new booster then.

AllieK

I'm not a tech or anywhere near an expert but I think in that picture the SureRide is resting on the seat in front too much. I read on another thread that you should be able to slide a piece of paper between the car seat and the vehicle seat in front.

momtoo3

I'm not a tech or anywhere near an expert but I think in that picture the SureRide is resting on the seat in front too much. I read on another thread that you should be able to slide a piece of paper between the car seat and the vehicle seat in front.

Exactly. The next appears to be my only option. I don't think a diono seat even with an angle adjuster will have enough room either. I hate how narrow the third row is.

Does anyone know how a sureride and ranier or rxt puzzle next to each other both ff?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC