Question Nuna Pipa in 2013 Subaru Legacy

U

Unregistered

Baby will be riding primarily in a 2013 Subaru Legacy. I was drawn to the nuna pipa, bc/ of European belt path, load leg, light weight and commitment to Eco friendly practices/less chemicals. I'm not sure however, that it's worth it, as it doesn't seem I'll be able to utilize some/many of these features. I'd love to try it out, but I haven't been able to locate it in any nearby stores. Here are my concerns:

1) My car manual state that middle seat installation is not recommended. Has anyone installed this car seat in the middle seat in a Subaru? I understand this will mean that I will need to forfeit the use of the latch system.
2) There is a hump in the floor front of the middle seat so I guess I wouldn't be able to use the load leg either, correct?

Should I just put baby on the outside? Is it worth it to utilize these features? If I decide on placing baby in the middle seat, despite this not being recommended, is it worth it to buy the nuna at all?

Thanks for any advice!

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
1) I have a Subaru Impreza and a Subaru Forester. I find the center seating position to be very difficult for both of them. Seats that install easily outboard (even with the seatbelt) can be tricky in the center. It largely depends on the shape of the seat, though. I would recommend that you go to Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby (or another retailer that allows you to try seats in your vehicle) and try out a few and see if some work better than others. If they all give you equal difficulty I would buy based on other features and outboard ease of installation and then I would encourage you to seek the guidance of a tech in-person if you have a strong desire to use the center seating position.

2) My understanding is that you would not be able to use the load leg with the hump on the floor.

I personally bought an Aton 2, which also features European belt routing and a load leg. In addition, it has a linear side impact protection feature which can only be utilized outboard. We have ours installed outboard where we can utilize all these features (as well as be able to fit our other daughter on the other side!) and I have no regrets about not being able to use the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC