Expiration Date Chicco Key Fit

U

Unregistered

Hello,

In 2012, I bought a Chicco Key Fit. I a, having another baby and was planning on using it again. As I was cleaning it, I realized that he manufacturing date was 2008!? This means that, although I have only had the seat for about 4 years, it is about eight years old. It is also past its six year expiration, according to the manufacturer. I am guessing that this means it is time to replace it, however, I was hoping to find more information about if the seat is still safe or not before spending a couple hundred more dollars on a new seat and base.

Thanks in advance.

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hello and welcome!

Unfortunately, if the seat had a 6 year expiration and it was manufactured in 2008, then that means it cannot be used anymore even though you only had it for 4 years. You could call Chicco to confirm, but I think they will stand by their expiration date policy.

If by any chance you still have proof of purchase, you could contact the retailer (or write a negative review and see if they contact you) to see if there is anything they can offer you in exchange for selling you a product that was 2/3 of the way through its useful life. (If you bought it on deep discount, that might have been why.)

Edited to add: Also, don't throw out that old seat yet. Babies R Us will likely be having their trade-in-event at the end of January and your old seat will be worth a 25% off coupon for a new seat or other gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

featherhead

Can you take a picture of the sticker so we can see? I'm wondering if maybe you were reading it wrong (hopefully this is the case). That's pretty bad if they sold you a seat that was 4 years old!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC