Kidfit?

Kamy04

I was at Target today and came across an unopened Kidfit for $49. I bought it on impulse.

Whike I am not sold on booster training ds1, my dad has asked for a seat for his car. He has a Mazda suv with leather seats and belt stalks in the seat and even I have a terrible time installing seats in it. I figure a lightweight booster is gojng to be easiest for him to use. And, quite honestly, i would prefer ds1 in a properly used booster than worrying about a hack job install of a harnessed seat. (Maybe. I am still hesitant)

He would be in this seat maaaaybe 1-2x per month for short trips.

Ds1 is tall for his age. 5yo, 46 inches and 48 pounds. Slender with a long torso (shirt size 6).

Is the Kidfit going to be okay? or outgrown very quickly? I guess I am wondering if maybe it wasn't a great impulse buy if he needs something taller. I compared it to a Nauti off the shelf and they seemed the same talkest height in booster mode.

Before i saw the deal on the kidfit i was looking at the parkway sgl, but was hesitant since it seems heavier? And pricey for such occasional use. Looking for ease for my dad.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

katymyers

I have a Kidfit for my son, he's 6.5, weighs about 42 lbs, is extremely slender, and average height with a longer torso. It fits him really well though I don't think it'll last super long in high back mode, I'm actually still planning on getting him a Parkway for my car and then putting the Kidfit in my husband's car. I'm ok with the height mainly because I know a backless booster is just as safe as long as you have a good spot for one. I think for $49 it's a great deal and totally worth keeping, I don't think you'll find another booster in that price range that'll be as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athena

For $49, I'd probably buy it to use as a NBB. It's not tall, but at only 46", it could fit for a while and then you've got what appears to me to be a great NBB with comfy cushioning, nice leg support, and latch for only $49. We love our Parkways, but for that price and the use you're proposing, it sounds perfect.

Are these on clearance at all Target stores? Or were you just really lucky?

Kamy04

For $49, I'd probably buy it to use as a NBB. It's not tall, but at only 46", it could fit for a while and then you've got what appears to me to be a great NBB with comfy cushioning, nice leg support, and latch for only $49. We love our Parkways, but for that price and the use you're proposing, it sounds perfect.

Are these on clearance at all Target stores? Or were you just really lucky?

I have no idea. It was in a pile of clearance stuff by the baby/toddler clothes. Last week it was 79.99 and I passed it up. Yesterday it was 49.99. It was the only seat there. The other stuff were strollers and pack n plays.
Posted via Mobile Device

aept

Great deal. That's a keeper, and I would also be ok using a booster instead of a harness for a child his age and size in that situation.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's only a half inch taller than the Nextfit. I don't know what they were thinking there. But it does go backless so for $50 probably not a bad buy.

rachelandtyke

What's the highest belt guide height? I really wanted one. Might have to go to Target to see if mine have it marked down so low now.

Athena

I have no idea. It was in a pile of clearance stuff by the baby/toddler clothes. Last week it was 79.99 and I passed it up. Yesterday it was 49.99. It was the only seat there. The other stuff were strollers and pack n plays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks. I'll take a look when I'm there next. You never know.

It's only a half inch taller than the Nextfit. I don't know what they were thinking there. But it does go backless so for $50 probably not a bad buy.

Really? I guess that's why we didn't get one. I remembered it being not tall, but really. I really like some things about and if they made it backless for a reasonable price, I might get one.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

According to the carseatblog reviews, the Nextfit's highest harness height is 17.5" and the Kidfit's highest belt guide position is 19.5"

http://carseatblog.com/21704/chicco-nextfit-review-convertible-carseat-nirvana/

http://carseatblog.com/32805/chicco-kidfit-booster-review-the-trifecta-is-complete/

rachelandtyke

According to the carseatblog reviews, the Nextfit's highest harness height is 17.5" and the Kidfit's highest belt guide position is 19.5"

http://carseatblog.com/21704/chicco-nextfit-review-convertible-carseat-nirvana/

http://carseatblog.com/32805/chicco-kidfit-booster-review-the-trifecta-is-complete/

Thanks! That would work for us. DS is trending shorter than DD1 did at comparable ages, and she moved to backless in her HBTB at 10 even though she still fit. He's in a Vivo now that expires in a year. I'd love a kidfit to replace it.

rachelandtyke

I scored one today at Target for $49.98! :dance: It's even the Paprika which was my favorite. :jive:

I've seen it on the shelf the past two Saturdays for $69.98 and was hoping it would go down. Now I'm glad we had to make the extra trip there today for bread! :D

msg221

I saw one on clearance at Target yesterday when I went to pick up the Extend 2 Fit I bought. I almost got it but didn't. I was even thinking about going back to day and getting it, and then I saw this on the web site:

I love it and I know Nour and Katelyn both would! I think I might have to wait for a sale now! By then, Katelyn will probably have outgrown the Argos in harness mode anyway, as she is very close right now. She is on the tallest harness setting right now.

Last edited:

DMS721

I love our KidFit booster! It is one of the few my DS could buckle himself. He fits great in it, and it is super comfy for him too.

Kamy04

The one I got was Paprika, too.

Using it for the first time this weekend. Alreadt talked with ds1 about sitting still and correctly. I am nervous, but he is excited. It is a short trip to a hockey game in my dads car.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC