Need 3 seat suggestions.

duckmama

I need help shopping for new seats after an accident. My current seats are a Britax Frontier, a Britax Boulevard 70 G3 and a Britax B Safe (previous model). My riders are a
FF 8 year old approx 50 inches, 55lbs (Frontier)
FF 3 1/2 year old approx 38 inches 28lbs (Boulevard)
RF 7 months 15lbs.

I currently have them 3 across in a Ford Explorer. My budget is going to be $600-700. Any suggestions? I do like Britax mostly for customer service and looks, but I am open to others. I have not been following car seats in the last year or so and don't know the newest options. I plan on moving the baby to a convertible and the oldest to a booster only.

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
When you say you would like to move your oldest to a "booster only," do you mean a dedicated high back booster? Or do you mean a backless booster?

If you are planning to move him to a dedicated highback booster, do you know his seated shoulder height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckmama

When you say you would like to move your oldest to a "booster only," do you mean a dedicated high back booster? Or do you mean a backless booster?

If you are planning to move him to a dedicated highback booster, do you know his seated shoulder height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I was thinking of dedicated high back booster. I am not certain of seated shoulder height, but the Frontier straps are still coming from above her shoulders at this point. I could get another Frontier for her, but I was just going to move her to a booster only as she currently rides correctly in one for car pool. I attempted a measurement of her shoulder height and am getting 17-18 inches.

lgenne

Bear in mind that insurance should pay for the seats.

What year is the Explorer? Does it have inflatable seat belts?

duckmama

The at fault insurance company is paying for them, they are a small company and are just taking their time with everything, but they said they would replace.

The 3 year old is now ff.

The Explorer is a 2003, has LATCH in the two outer positions, 3 top tethers, no inflatable belts. I am hoping to be moving to a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey soon if that is relevant.

cookie123

For the 3.5 year old, how about the Britax Pioneer or a new Nautilus. I forget what they're calling it.

For the baby I'd probably do a Graco 4Ever or Milestone. I like the lower sides compared to the other Graco convertibles.

I really haven't been paying much attention to boosters but I like the Parkway my grandson has and it's one of the tallest available.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC