Next seat (am I looking for a unicorn?)

jwilliams

Thinking ahead to this spring, when my twins turn four. I'm going to flip them in my mom's van. They currently use Surerides in that vehicle, but the twisty straps and continuous harness are becoming problematic.

So, I want the perfect grandparent seat for FF. Booster function not required, do not care if it is a convertible or a combination seat.

Needs: fairly lightweight, easy install, suuuuper easy to use harness.

Children are about 37" and 30lbs. at 3.5 years. Mildly long torsos but they are so short it doesn't really matter [emoji57] I will FF them until 6 years or 40lbs.

Vehicle is 2012 Odyssey. They ride outboard, middle row, and the seats don't need to be able to slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

jwilliams

Ooh, nice price too! I like the black model. I was playing with some of the newer Graco seats this weekend and was really impressed with how smooth the adjusters were.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The only worry with the Tranzitions and Atlas is that they have hook-style latch connectors. Depending on the accessibility of the latch anchors and the difficulty of the seatbelt install, this may or may not be an issue as far as ease of install.

Holly

The only worry with the Tranzitions and Atlas is that they have hook-style latch connectors. Depending on the accessibility of the latch anchors and the difficulty of the seatbelt install, this may or may not be an issue as far as ease of install.

The seat belt install is amazing!

ETA, the LATCH install is great too if someone doesn't mind the hook style anchors.

jwilliams

They are used to the hook LATCH connectors on the Sureride, and the Odyssey has ridiculously accessible anchors [emoji4]

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
They are used to the hook LATCH connectors on the Sureride, and the Odyssey has ridiculously accessible anchors [emoji4]

Oh good! Yeah, the Tranzitions or the atlas would be a great bet, then. The atlas doesn't become backless, but it has cup holders and reclines and has easy harness storage for when you use it in booster mode, which is nice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC