Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Safety 1st Incognito?

My almost 9 year old has been out of a booster for about 9 months, because she had a good fit with just the seatbelt in our old vehicle, but I just bought an Odyssey, and she definitely needs one (she's in the third row with her 10 year old sister, who doesn't need one). Sorry, I honestly have no idea how much she weighs or how tall she is - we'll find out at her 9 year old check up next month I just ordered the Clek Olli for my 5 year old, because I want something I can latch in the 2nd row, so I was just going to give her his Harmony. She's balking at the whole situation. Of course she'll do whatever I make her do, but I'd rather her be happy(ish) about it. I'm wondering about the Icognito. I found a thread with 3rd row Ody pics, and it looks like it would work well. But I'm wondering if anyone has kid input on these. They seem hard - do the kids mind? I worry she'll complain on longer trips, since she'd been used to just being in the seat. I want her to be comfortable, because we do take long trips at least a couple of times a year. I thought about ordering another Olli for her, since maybe I can get her on board with the cute patterns, but I've read it doesn't fit great in the third row. Other suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    My son used an Incognito for a long time in the third row of our Odyssey and never complained. I wouldn't say it's hard, just not squishy. I think it's a great option for a kid who's "too old/big" for a regular booster.

Senior Community Member

Re: Safety 1st Incognito?

My 10 year old uses one in Dh's car (he 5 steps in mine) and doesn't complain. He is the type of kid that complains about everything so I'm sure he would say something if he found it uncomfortable.
    Last edited by NVMBR02; 12-19-2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Moderator - CPS Technician

My 9 year old dd seems to really like hers.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NVMBR02 View Post
    My 10 year old uses one in Dh's car (he 5 steps in mine) and doesn't complain. He is the type of kid that complains about everything so I'm sure would say something if he found it uncomfortable.
    Oh yes, I should have added that my son also would have complained. He also has no body fat, so he doesn't have any extra cushioning back there . He used it on at least two cross-country road trips, too.

My 9 yo uses one. She's about 4'9" and 70lbs so technically has reached the height limit on most boosters (although Bubble Bum said we could continue to use it past 57in and Harmony couldn't give me a straight answer). It only takes a second and she uses it in the 3rd row of our Ody or sometimes a captain seat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    E 3/21/06 4'6" 62lbs Graco Affix/Harmony Literider/Graco Turbo Booster/Bubble Bum
    G 1/31/08 3'5" 32lbs Britax Frontier 80//Graco Turbo Booster/Graco Affix
    J 10/23/14 17lbs 26in Britax Boulevard CT

My 10yr old uses one too and he's a complainer- anything out do the ordinary is a problem. His favorite seat is the backless amp with its high armrests.

My only complaint is that it moves when you unbuckle, like slides diagonal when they get out. It's from the seatbelt staying in the guide on the one side but it's annoying to have to replace it every time he gets in. Not a big deal, but annoys him.

Carseat Crazy

Thanks guys - I'm convinced!

CPS Fanatic

Wow, we sound like similar situations here!

We have an Odyssey...and my tall 9 YO is in an Incognito. He is in the middle of the third row. It's great. There is an extra clip to do over other boosters, but not hard.

He is in this seat because it's the ONLY thing that fit our 3 in a row. In our Civic that fits 2 seats, he is in a Recaro highback and it fits great on the highest slot.

My 6 YO has an Olli in the second row since he was 5 b/c I wanted one to latch in! I also could not do highback since he needs to move the seat down easily to let kids out. And it even latches AND still allows the seat to be moved down with just pushing a tad harder on the seat. Amazing!! I love it there. I returned our Ollis for the 3rd row since they did not fit at all there and would not latch and allow the buckle to be accessed. Bummer. Plus quite wide.

I would have chosen any booster over the Incognito because I like the sturdy plastic kind, but since nothing else fit, it is what it is. And now, I honestly think he might be too big for most other boosters so I guess I made an awesome choice! He is a bit over 57 inches. His 8 YO sister is in a Harmony highback next to him and she fits but is at the limit.
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

The Olli would probably be way too tall for a child who almost 5 steps. My daughter has been using the Incognito for months and it provides a much better fit for her than our other boosters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Carseat Crazy

Incognito arrived (hooray for Amazon Prime! ) and the verdict is - WINNER! She's happy with it, and she looks much more comfortable in it than the Harmony, which wasn't deep enough for her thigh length. Whew! Everyone's happy, and the Harmony now lives in the trunk as a spare booster for friends.

13. Thank You from: