Safety 1st Incognito?

Caroline162

My almost 9 year old has been out of a booster for about 9 months, because she had a good fit with just the seatbelt in our old vehicle, but I just bought an Odyssey, and she definitely needs one (she's in the third row with her 10 year old sister, who doesn't need one). Sorry, I honestly have no idea how much she weighs or how tall she is - we'll find out at her 9 year old check up next month :D I just ordered the Clek Olli for my 5 year old, because I want something I can latch in the 2nd row, so I was just going to give her his Harmony. She's balking at the whole situation. Of course she'll do whatever I make her do, but I'd rather her be happy(ish) about it. I'm wondering about the Icognito. I found a thread with 3rd row Ody pics, and it looks like it would work well. But I'm wondering if anyone has kid input on these. They seem hard - do the kids mind? I worry she'll complain on longer trips, since she'd been used to just being in the seat. I want her to be comfortable, because we do take long trips at least a couple of times a year. I thought about ordering another Olli for her, since maybe I can get her on board with the cute patterns, but I've read it doesn't fit great in the third row. Other suggestions?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My son used an Incognito for a long time in the third row of our Odyssey and never complained. I wouldn't say it's hard, just not squishy. I think it's a great option for a kid who's "too old/big" for a regular booster.

NVMBR02

My 10 year old uses one in Dh's car (he 5 steps in mine) and doesn't complain. He is the type of kid that complains about everything so I'm sure he would say something if he found it uncomfortable.

Last edited:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My 10 year old uses one in Dh's car (he 5 steps in mine) and doesn't complain. He is the type of kid that complains about everything so I'm sure would say something if he found it uncomfortable.

Oh yes, I should have added that my son also would have complained. He also has no body fat, so he doesn't have any extra cushioning back there :). He used it on at least two cross-country road trips, too.

mping

My 9 yo uses one. She's about 4'9" and 70lbs so technically has reached the height limit on most boosters (although Bubble Bum said we could continue to use it past 57in and Harmony couldn't give me a straight answer). It only takes a second and she uses it in the 3rd row of our Ody or sometimes a captain seat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mommabritt

My 10yr old uses one too and he's a complainer- anything out do the ordinary is a problem. His favorite seat is the backless amp with its high armrests. ;)

My only complaint is that it moves when you unbuckle, like slides diagonal when they get out. It's from the seatbelt staying in the guide on the one side but it's annoying to have to replace it every time he gets in. Not a big deal, but annoys him.

bnsnyde

Wow, we sound like similar situations here!

We have an Odyssey...and my tall 9 YO is in an Incognito. He is in the middle of the third row. It's great. There is an extra clip to do over other boosters, but not hard.

He is in this seat because it's the ONLY thing that fit our 3 in a row. In our Civic that fits 2 seats, he is in a Recaro highback and it fits great on the highest slot.

My 6 YO has an Olli in the second row since he was 5 b/c I wanted one to latch in! :) I also could not do highback since he needs to move the seat down easily to let kids out. And it even latches AND still allows the seat to be moved down with just pushing a tad harder on the seat. Amazing!! I love it there. I returned our Ollis for the 3rd row since they did not fit at all there and would not latch and allow the buckle to be accessed. Bummer. Plus quite wide.

I would have chosen any booster over the Incognito because I like the sturdy plastic kind, but since nothing else fit, it is what it is. And now, I honestly think he might be too big for most other boosters so I guess I made an awesome choice! He is a bit over 57 inches. His 8 YO sister is in a Harmony highback next to him and she fits but is at the limit.

MommyShannon

The Olli would probably be way too tall for a child who almost 5 steps. My daughter has been using the Incognito for months and it provides a much better fit for her than our other boosters.
Posted via Mobile Device

Caroline162

Incognito arrived (hooray for Amazon Prime! :D ) and the verdict is - WINNER! She's happy with it, and she looks much more comfortable in it than the Harmony, which wasn't deep enough for her thigh length. Whew! Everyone's happy, and the Harmony now lives in the trunk as a spare booster for friends.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC